• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Well i think I may have to change mine ti my mini-14 folder.

Attachments

• folder.jpg
      folder.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 169

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    The whole thing that a bit of dirt will jam a Ar has been showed to be BS in many magazines and on many TV shows. Yes a AK is very reliable but that doe not make a AR not reliable. The ammo is lighter so you can carry more it is used by our Military and is the most popular gun in the US so parts will be everywhere and they are easy to work on with basic tools. And last time I checked they sell bulk 5.56 as well for just a tad bit more than 7.62x39

I completely agree with this except my choice goes with the AK .... any bit of dirt in the AR will jam that joker up where the AK will still run .....
    reliability is key .. plus they have bulk ammo in the 7.62 .. no worries about runnin out

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    The whole thing that a bit of dirt will jam a Ar has been showed to be BS in many magazines and on many TV shows. Yes a AK is very reliable but that doe not make a AR not reliable. The ammo is lighter so you can carry more it is used by our Military and is the most popular gun in the US so parts will be everywhere and they are easy to work on with basic tools. And last time I checked they sell bulk 5.56 as well for just a tad bit more than 7.62x39

5.45x39 AK74 trumps both the 47 and the AR15 in every aspect :D

Well I will give the AR15 the edge for accuracy.

Now time for me to duck and cover.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    You AK guys I will never change and I ain't trying to I just want you all to leave the Ar's alone they are a quality rifle that run pretty reliably. From the cheapest to the most expensive that I have built or bought as complete rifles they all have one thing in common they have never given me any trouble and I would depend on any one of the many Ar's I have owned over the years without a 2nd thought.

5.45x39 AK74 trumps both the 47 and the AR15 in every aspect :D

Well I will give the AR15 the edge for accuracy.

Now time for me to duck and cover.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    You AK guys I will never change and I ain't trying to I just want you all to leave the Ar's alone they are a quality rifle that run pretty reliably. From the cheapest to the most expensive that I have built or bought as complete rifles they all have one thing in common they have never given me any trouble and I would depend on any one of the many Ar's I have owned over the years without a 2nd thought.

It's all relative. I was just trolling ;)

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    I own both AK's and AR's. My goto rifle is still my AR15.

AK's are throw-away guns. I'll give you an example. On mine, and many AKs, look at where the bolt-carrier finally strikes the receiver when in battery. you will notice that on one side (usually the right) the BCG has slammed and rested against the upper receiver, but on the left side you will notice a gap. Sometimes the gap is bigger than others. If this was intentional then great, but it will affect accuracy and is a hallmark of the AK47 i.e. loose tolerances. But the thing that bothers me most about the AK vs the AR15 is fixing it in the field. taking down the bolt in an AK is MUCH MUCH more tedious. Still, you are left with the ability to repair only the bolt. With almost no tools, I could repair an AR15 in the field with the possible exception of the barrel. But if you happen to carry a barrel wrench you could probably do that too (spec torque is only like 30 lbs). AR15's are meant to last a lifetime (except the barrel), but AKs are meant to be thrown away. Still, I won't sell my AK. Mine shoots VERY VERY well and I love my Yugo!! but it is a CAI. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom