Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Delaware
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Old July 28th, 2021, 08:50 PM #1
ReMember

ReMember

"start bending the Constitution" says Killmington DE Mayor

'This grotesque proliferation of guns' | Wilmington mayor reacts as 5th death from gun violence in 3 hours announced

So, the only way things will get better is if we (govt) take your guns.

Quote:
A 28-year-old man was shot and killed in a double shooting in the 2400 block of Jessup Street Monday night, police announced Tuesday afternoon. The reveal of this death makes five people dead and three others injured, including a 12-year-old girl, by gun violence in less than three hours on the evening in question.

However, in an incident that left two adult women shot and killed, a 12-year-old girl injured, and the male suspect dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, Purzycki said he tries to process the incident as being domestic in nature.

"The other one was a tragic domestic thing that, it just hurts to think that people have such despair that that's the only solution for dealing with their pain and frustration," Purzycki said. "And so, you kind of compartmentalize it in one way. You compartmentalize it from the point of this problem-solving point-of-view, and you put that aside and say, 'This is either a mental illness or deep depression or some other pathology that I can't imagine you can do much about, other than to create a better environment to live in.'"

There's one answer that would seem to solve some of the issue, but Purzycki said it's a step his administration isn't ready to take and he's not sure the public even wants.

"Look, aside from kind of an emotional pathology that exists everywhere, we just have this grotesque proliferation of guns," Purzycki said. "And the only way to get guns off the street, frankly, is to start bending the Constitution, which we're not about to do, and I don't think the public wants to do. But they have to understand that, except for getting guns off the street, we're kind of limited in what we can do."

Wilmington isn't alone in this issue, Purzycki pointed out, with violence across the nation trending as more people take to the streets following a year where many stayed inside during the pandemic. And while he said shorter sentences, smaller bail, and repeat offenders committing acts "over and over again," led to the trend, to focus on long-term solutions, he said the city needed to be healthier.
https://www.wdel.com/news/this-grote...1daa9825c.html
adit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:13 PM #2
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

There should be a simple litmus test for elected officials from the POTUS to dog catcher... if you don't understand the constitution, you can't hold office. Period.
Doctor_M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:17 PM #3
Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

They've already "bent" the Constitution hundreds of times. You can't even find a straight answer as to how many gun control laws are on the books, counting federal, state, and local.

Yet, the more "bent" they get, the less effective their laws become in fighting crime. More gun laws, more crime.

Maybe they should try getting "unbent," and start enforcing laws against criminal acts: murder, rape, drug dealing, gang violence, etc.
JPFO
GOA
FPC
Jim12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:17 PM #4
Peace through strength

Peace through strength

Pffttt... the politicians and judges have been bending the Constituitoon for a very long time.

What he means is ignore the Constitution.

My bet is even if guns were not around, the violence would be.
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:26 PM #5

Let's start with straightening personal responsibility and accountability before we go towards bending anything else.
TI-tick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:31 PM #6

This may look like legal advice. It is not. I am not a Maryland lawyer. I do not know you or the details of your concerns. I cannot advise you or answer your legal questions. Hire your own counsel to advise you.
JohnnyE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:36 PM #7
Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post
There should be a simple litmus test for elected officials from the POTUS to dog catcher... if you don't understand the constitution, you can't hold office. Period.
But... depends on what the meaning of "is," is. -- Bill Clinton.

It takes a Yale (Bill and Hillary's alma mater) or similar law degree to be deemed capable of understanding and making such a determination. Yale law current tuition + expenses = $93,923 /year for 3 years = $281,769 -- AFTER your 4-year undergraduate degree. https://law.yale.edu/admissions/cost...ost-attendance

You can get a scholarship if you're of the "correct," desirable makeup, to ensure that you pass their simple litmus test.

Only then can you qualify to hold office, at least in many Blue States and jurisdictions. Regular, successful people with real-life experience need not apply (and will be politically crucified if they try, unless meeting the identity or wokeness criteria).
JPFO
GOA
FPC
Jim12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:47 PM #8
Let's Go Brandon!

Let's Go Brandon!

"You have to give up your rights because people who have no right to possess one in the first place are using them for evil and that will solve the problem".

Take the Mayor's car to prevent drunk driving! Not by the Mayor but by those other people out there. It's common sense drunk driving laws!

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2021, 09:53 PM #9

Sounds reasonable. Everyone knows that before firearms were invented there were no murders or suicides.
Old July 28th, 2021, 11:53 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post

No. Many of them understand it, hate it, and have no interest in following it.
If you’re not going to follow The Constitution you shouldn’t be able to hold office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Delaware