• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Know that this question has been asked a thousand times.Bought a build kit from 80 lower jig. Upper was completely assembled. The advertisement and bill of sale both say heavy barrel. When the kit was received the barrel has the following stamped on it: .223 WYLDE 1x8 twist SS.. It doesn't say heavy or hbar. Is it still legal?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=256074&highlight=marked+marketed+heavy+barrel

Marked or marketed as heavy barrel.

Most barrels in my observation are not marked, just marketed.

to quote the thread:
    If the maker advertises it as HBAR or Heavy in any of its literature you are good to go. Print out a copy of the specifications for your files should anyone ask. A Heavy Bull or Varmint barrel can qualify if they say "Heavy" in the description. As to parts, doesn't matter if it is a pre-assembled upper kit with an LPK and stock or you source the parts yourself.

You need to dig around and see how the product is described. Then again right now finding parts is a challenge.

Matt

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    For those looking to build, the kit came from 80lowerjig.com. Came with everything but lower receiver. Cost $399. Took 4 days to get here. Bought Forged Lower thru Daytona Tactical Approx. $76 (included Engraving)

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Yes it does. It was a misprint in the kit description. That is what their representative told me. Bought 2 kits ; got 2 BCG's

Last edited:

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Know that this question has been asked a thousand times.Bought a build kit from 80 lower jig. Upper was completely assembled. The advertisement and bill of sale both say heavy barrel. When the kit was received the barrel has the following stamped on it: .223 WYLDE 1x8 twist SS.. It doesn't say heavy or hbar. Is it still legal?

Just make sure you save the ad or listing to CYA.

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    This Kit sure did not last long. Went there today to buy one for my son and they were sold out. Guess he should have made his mind up earlier.

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    Adding to this conversation. I purchased a Faxon pencil barrel that I want to swap out for my HBAR (~2014). I have no receipts. Can I do this?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Adding to this conversation. I purchased a Faxon pencil barrel that I want to swap out for my HBAR (~2014). I have no receipts. Can I do this?

No, it needs to be on a lower that was owned by you prior to 10/1/13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom