• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    That’s the difficulty with the state relying on non-attorneys to provide the teaching of law that should really be taught by attorneys (as impracticable as this would be).

I think it’s Idaho, that requires the legal portion of a class to be taught by a law enforcement officer, or a lawyer.

One of the reasons their classes are more expensive.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    There is a syllabus and there are required areas/aspects that must be covered, but it doesn’t go all the way into the details..

Even MSPLD’s own website is known to exaggerate/add things in that aren’t actually in law.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Red the headline at the top. "With divisive cases coming, Barrett says 'Read the opinion" The two divisive cases would be Roe v Wade and the New York gun case.

I read the whole thing. She didn't give any indication of a potential ruling. She just said read it before you judge.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Their decision merely makes my life easier or harder to live.

I, for one, refuse to be beholden to 9 jackasses.

F* them with the horse they rode in on.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Like.

Berrett's comments suggest (a) that the decision has already been written, and (b) rather than being a political statement, the opinion is based on fundament Constitutional principles. It's a hopeful foreshadowing, I think.

Mayhaps they can define "shall not be infringed".

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Red the headline at the top. "With divisive cases coming, Barrett says 'Read the opinion" The two divisive cases would be Roe v Wade and the New York gun case.

No matter how they rule, a bunch of people will be happy, a bunch of people will be mad, and a bunch of people will continue to live their lives completely ignorant of anything not involving them. It doesn’t say WHAT those groups will be glad/mad.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Like.

Berrett's comments suggest (a) that the decision has already been written, and (b) rather than being a political statement, the opinion is based on fundament Constitutional principles. It's a hopeful foreshadowing, I think.

I agree with you.

But if one takes a logical approach. Like I have said earlier one can already figure out that the Majority Opinion for NYSPRA v Bruen has already been written.

1. We should all know that important opinions on this level are not simply written in a few days, or even a few weeks. Lots of research and discussion among interns, and other justices is discussed before any finalization of an opinion is done.

2. We are two months from the term being finished. Just like it takes time to write a majority opinion. It also takes time to write dissents. A dissent can’t be written until the majority opinion is finished. This is why sometimes we are able to even get dissents to the dissents.

I do personally believe the majority opinion has been written, and what is currently being worked on are the dissents. Primary from The 3 liberal justices. I suspect each are writing their own.

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    I do personally believe the majority opinion has been written, and what is currently being worked on are the dissents. Primary from The 3 liberal justices. I suspect each are writing their own.

Texasgrillchef, would it be correct to understand your position to be that the three liberal justices can't even agree amongst themselves on what is wrong in the majority opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom