Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Old October 12th, 2021, 02:35 PM #31
Pretty good shot

Pretty good shot

I am amazed how resistant the MIL crowd is to the vaccine, considering the dozens of various things they inject you with on day 0, not even including any pre-deployment stuff. When you take a job that is based on obedience, how can you be shocked that they expect you to follow another perfectly reasonable order?

I honestly thought the big problem with the vaccine would be people banging down pharmacy doors to get it, not that it would spoil on the shelves from people avoiding it. Then you have this guy talking about "holding the line" like this is the hill to die on.

sigh
USArmyJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2021, 03:43 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmyJoe View Post
I am amazed how resistant the MIL crowd is to the vaccine, considering the dozens of various things they inject you with on day 0, not even including any pre-deployment stuff. When you take a job that is based on obedience, how can you be shocked that they expect you to follow another perfectly reasonable order?

I honestly thought the big problem with the vaccine would be people banging down pharmacy doors to get it, not that it would spoil on the shelves from people avoiding it. Then you have this guy talking about "holding the line" like this is the hill to die on.

sigh
The more some greasy politician tells me I gotta get something for my own good and the good of society the less inclined I am to want to do it.
Old October 12th, 2021, 04:33 PM #33
Pretty good shot

Pretty good shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseymorejr View Post
The more some greasy politician tells me I gotta get something for my own good and the good of society the less inclined I am to want to do it.
That is true, but I wont starve because a villain also eats and drinks. An independently good idea ignores the adopters of said idea.
Old October 13th, 2021, 12:07 PM #34

Independently good ideas don't need to be compelled .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2021, 12:29 PM #35
Pretty good shot

Pretty good shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Independently good ideas don't need to be compelled .
If this is a reference to vaccines, the unvaccinated are a minority, and have been for a while. Well over half of the US population has gotten the COVID vaccine uncompelled, and that is including the populations that can not get it (immuno compromised, small children, etc.). Leaving those groups out show an even larger % of those able to get the vaccine having done so. The fear of those desperate to get the vaccine is only equaled with the fear of the holdouts of a needle. The "hold the line" crap is noble crusader LARPing in the same way that the foam-at-the-mouth leftists are LARPing as world saviors. Eat your vegetables, wear sunscreen, look both ways before crossing the street, and get your vaccinations. This isn't hard stuff.

Again, if the government puts a gun to my head and tells me to eat and drink, it doesn't have any effect on my behavior. I have problems with mandates, but don't conflate federal employee vaccination mandates with authoritarian "face the wall" to try to make an argument. Anti-vax is on par with Flat-Earth in the absurdity department. Take one look in mainland China and tell me it is the same thing.
Old October 13th, 2021, 04:45 PM #36

The communists aren't even hiding any longer. Another one on the block list... buh bye
85MikeTPI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2021, 05:32 PM #37

Cynically , if something I thought was a good idea suddenly becomes Promoted by ( fill in blanks ) , I make a careful reexamination to make sure if I'm overlooking something , or they're overlooking something . Both have happened .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2021, 05:41 PM #38

I love Steve Buscemi!
Lil’hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2021, 08:00 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmyJoe View Post
If this is a reference to vaccines, the unvaccinated are a minority, and have been for a while. Well over half of the US population has gotten the COVID vaccine uncompelled, and that is including the populations that can not get it (immuno compromised, small children, etc.). Leaving those groups out show an even larger % of those able to get the vaccine having done so. The fear of those desperate to get the vaccine is only equaled with the fear of the holdouts of a needle. The "hold the line" crap is noble crusader LARPing in the same way that the foam-at-the-mouth leftists are LARPing as world saviors. Eat your vegetables, wear sunscreen, look both ways before crossing the street, and get your vaccinations. This isn't hard stuff.

Again, if the government puts a gun to my head and tells me to eat and drink, it doesn't have any effect on my behavior. I have problems with mandates, but don't conflate federal employee vaccination mandates with authoritarian "face the wall" to try to make an argument. Anti-vax is on par with Flat-Earth in the absurdity department. Take one look in mainland China and tell me it is the same thing.
Best example of a False Equivalence I've seen in some time. Most of those holding out on the vaccine are doing so as a protest to mandated vaccinations. You know, standing up for freedoms not to be taken away, "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile", incremental laws--all the reasons gun owners use against unreasonable government intervention.
Many scientists claim that 30-50% immunized is enough to develop herd immunity. A previous poster said that most Americans are vaccinated-so we should be good, heh?
Charter Member, JPFO
Occasional Asshole
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2021, 08:09 PM #40

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
Many scientists claim that 30-50% immunized is enough to develop herd immunity.
Really? Anyone credible using peer reviewed studies?

If you must make a compromise to carry a concealed handgun, compromise on fashion, not the firearm.
joppaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues