Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:27 PM #341
Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

The numbers are in for April and it is a new record for the month 3,514,070. To put that number in perspective from the time NICS checks started in 1998 all the way through 2019 no month topped 3,000,000 checks, March of 2020 was the first month to top 3 million.

So far in the first four months of 2021 we have had 15,966,389 background checks and that number already exceeds the full year totals for every year through 2010. As the thread title says there are "A Lot Of Guns Being Bought".
Blacksmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:35 PM #342
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
The numbers are in for April and it is a new record for the month 3,514,070.
And that's with only scarce, expensive inventory available. Joemala may well usurp Obama's title as Greatest Gun Salesman Of All Time, and win the brand new titles of Greatest Liquidator Of Those Crappy Guns We've Been Trying To Unload Since 2013 and Most Likely To Get People Who Don't Even Own A Single Piece Of Denim To Look Into Black Powder.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:42 PM #343
Registered Grendelophile

Registered Grendelophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
I worked the gun show in Fredericksburg with our IP Genesis Firearms. Epic weekend with MDeng and BradMacc. We sold a lot of guns. Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.
I have seen the same trend at Masada Tactical. There is a HUGE uptick in AA females buying guns by themselves.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:34 PM #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.
I'm sure that that is true. It's hard to see from way down in the black pit of MD, but the trend toward Shall Issue and ConCarry is huge, and not slowing down at all.

The Blamtifa peaceful rioting will continue, and has already inspired millions of citizens to become gun owners. It renews my hope that Americans are not ready to bend over and drop their pants for the rioters and their puppet masters.
Big difference between "will use violence to impose my political beliefs on others" and "will use violence to defend myself from those imposing their political beliefs on me". The former is the main ingredient of genocide, the latter is the only thing that has ever prevented it.
The Hand That Signs The Paycheck Rules The World

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 01:43 PM #345
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

Having a gun and having the heuvos, never mind training/savvy to use said gun are far different issues.

As mentioned, the more folks who feel the need and follow up that feeling with action in order to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones...THE BETTER OFF AMERICA IS.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Alea Jacta Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 02:46 PM #346
Guns 'n Drums

Guns 'n Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
The numbers are in for April and it is a new record for the month 3,514,070. To put that number in perspective from the time NICS checks started in 1998 all the way through 2019 no month topped 3,000,000 checks, March of 2020 was the first month to top 3 million.

So far in the first four months of 2021 we have had 15,966,389 background checks and that number already exceeds the full year totals for every year through 2010. As the thread title says there are "A Lot Of Guns Being Bought".
And again, what that number doesn't show are the guns bought in secondary non-regulated sales, nor does it cover the number of guns being put together as builds.

I think Biden can talk a big talk, but there isn't going to be a lot of support for gun control legislation - not if they don't want to be voted out in mid-terms.

A lot of folks are getting into reloading in an effort to bypass ammo costs and shortages only to find that there are component shortages that go along with everything else.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 02:52 PM #347

Disappointed in us all here... If everyone on MDS did there part we could have reached 5 million for the month.

Until the specific models I want come back into stock, I wont be buying anything else to tide me over
2.39 1-20-2021
135sohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 03:40 PM #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Jacta Est View Post
Having a gun and having the heuvos, never mind training/savvy to use said gun are far different issues.

As mentioned, the more folks who feel the need and follow up that feeling with action in order to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones...THE BETTER OFF AMERICA IS.

Ive taken a couple pistol training courses over the last 3 months where women were very well represented...AR training they were nowhere to be found, but I am assuming most women are (like my wife) getting a pistol for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike_mds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 10:02 PM #349
Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

At the current rate 2021 should easily exceed 40,000,000 NICS Checks for the yearly total.

At this time last year they had done 12,156,985 checks. This year 15,966,389. So after four months this year is already 3,809,404 ahead of last year at this time.

The bad news is it looks like the ammo and component shortage and high gun prices will continue.
Blacksmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2021, 06:34 AM #350
Extinguished member

Extinguished member

That’s the data that can be/is tracked... Been said before. Needs to be said again.

Only a subset.

Looks like the common folks smell something stinky and are following their survival sense.

Can’t hardly blame them, can ya?

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Alea Jacta Est is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues