• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Finally got my model 49 and for about 100 less then the previous auctions! Hope she is as nice in person. Had to get on Jeff status

See ya soon Greg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      100.7 KB · Views: 599

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Nice to see a classic S&W revolver with a pin in the barrel. My one and only "J" frame is a 649-2. The model 49/38 is arguably one of the ugliest revolvers ever made, but the most practical design of all of the small wheel guns. It just goes to show that imbibing and gun buying do mix!

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    We shouldn't reference liquor and guns in the same post...idiots in Annapolis may get the bright idea to tax guns at 9% like they do our alcohol!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Finally got my model 49 and for about 100 less then the previous auctions! Hope she is as nice in person. Had to get on Jeff status

See ya soon Greg

That's beautiful!

My dad had a 49 as his carry gun (in NY, believe it or not, back when...) for many years, and it was the first pistol I ever shot. He later sold it (in trade, actually) for a Ruger MKII to teach my brothers and I to shoot with. We had a lot of fun with that Ruger, but what I wouldn't give to have my dad's carry gun.

One of these days I'll find a nice model 49 for myself, just because.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    That's beautiful!

My dad had a 49 as his carry gun (in NY, believe it or not, back when...) for many years, and it was the first pistol I ever shot. He later sold it (in trade, actually) for a Ruger MKII to teach my brothers and I to shoot with. We had a lot of fun with that Ruger, but what I wouldn't give to have my dad's carry gun.

One of these days I'll find a nice model 49 for myself, just because.

Better sooner then later these classic snubbies only increase in value! This would be an awesome carry rocket but I just like collecting

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

See ya soon Greg
    The bluing on this one looks great. Definitely a revolver (the 49 or 649) on my list. Was tempted by the ones that Summit Gun Broker had not long ago, but they looked pretty worn for use, not close to the gem that you found.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah, the feathered kind.

The other morning on the way home from work, I had one standing on the edge of the road, giving me the hairy eyeball, as if he were a deer.

Boss

Oct 25, 2016
    My favorite whiskey right now is Bowman Brothers, made in VA. Give it a try next time instead of wild turkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom