BREAKING: Federal Lawsuit Filed Challenging Trump Bump-Stock Ban; Injunction Sought

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Safe travels, Alan!

Attachments

• C7989ED2-446A-40A1-A502-34AE3EE7F3DD.jpeg
      C7989ED2-446A-40A1-A502-34AE3EE7F3DD.jpeg
      35.9 KB · Views: 575

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Well by now Alan you should have made it into DC at 5:37am on this rainy Thursday. How long are you in town for and hope that I can meet you somehow as well.

In Philly ill be in dc at 11 I am free all day if you want to meet on p m me for my number

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/recordings/recordings2018.nsf/28827D2069E65262852583C500581006/$file/19-5042.mp3

oral arguments are up

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    The bump stock rule has been stayed but ONLY for my named clients and those in the Guedes case. The Court does not have enough time to rule before the rule goes into effect. That means the D.C. Court of Appeals is going to let the rule be applied. However, within a couple weeks the D.C. Court will rule on the merits and bump stocks could be legal again (I am not using technical legal language but that is what it would mean as a practical matter). Its up to each and every one of you to decide what to do on March 26th which is Dispossession Day However, I would respectfully request that every person affected by this rule review Thoreau's essays on civil disobedience before deciding what to do.

The ecf notice is as follows. PER CURIAM ORDER [1779025] filed that the motion of the Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc., to dismiss its appeal, No. 19-5043, be granted. Appeal No. 19-5043 is hereby dismissed. It is FURTHER ORDERED, on the court’s own motion, that the effective date of the Bump-Stock Rule, 83 Fed. Reg. 66514 (Dec. 26, 2018), be administratively stayed in its application only as to the named Appellants in appeals Nos. 19-5042 and 19-5044, pending further order of this Court. The purpose of this stay is exclusively to give the Court sufficient opportunity to consider the disposition of this highly expedited appeal, and should not be construed in any way as a ruling on the merits of the appeal. See D.C. Circuit Handbook of Practice and Internal Procedures 33 (2018). The Clerk is directed to issue the mandate forthwith in No. 19-5043 only. Before Judges: Henderson, Srinivasan and Millett. [19-5042, 19-5043, 19-5044]

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It takes some mental gymnastics, but I believe they are claiming the bumpstock allows the bullet to be fired by the gun trigger pressing against the finger rather than the finger pressing against the trigger.

The finger can be stationary while the gun moves, so it is a machine gun.

You can do that without a bumpstock with any semi auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If someone destroys their bump stock and the law is subsequently found to be unconstitutional can the person sue the government for their loss?

I am just curious weather we will see some sort of class action suit when this finally gets to the supreme court.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Opening sentences of Thoreau's treatise:
    I heartily accept the motto,—“That government is best which governs least;” and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe—“That government is best which governs not at all;” and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have.

Pretty much shows how so-called "liberalism" is upside-down; when mankind is perfected, government will be unnecessary, not all-pervading.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl