• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I have taken quite a few knife classes. That one looks nice thanks for the info.
    I do remember one class we used tasers to see if our defensive technics were truly working. That was an eye opener for many.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    That was the first class I ever took with Greg Ellifritz. I've since taken three more; he's THAT good. I might even repeat some down the road. When he hangs up his badge for good in another couple of years, he'll be able to write his own ticket (no pun intended) as a full time instructor, if that's what he chooses to do. His reputation is well-deserved as quite the renaissance man.

I should add that I will not buy a knife I might use for SD unless a trainer is also available. I have trainers for my Griptilian, Clinch Pick, and Rat.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I should add that I will not buy a knife I might use for SD unless a trainer is also available. I have trainers for my Griptilian, Clinch Pick, and Rat.
    Oddly, there's no TDI trainer. It got discontinued. Not sure why that is, but Greg had to make his own.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Oddly, there's no TDI trainer. It got discontinued. Not sure why that is, but Greg had to make his own.

Yeah, I recall he ground down the blades on old ones and painted them.

I much prefer the clinch pick to the TDI for a close-in fixed blade option anyway. If you like the shape of the TDI, the Colonel Blade is a similar option and I believe comes with a trainer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I much prefer the clinch pick to the TDI for a close-in fixed blade option anyway. If you like the shape of the TDI, the Colonel Blade is a similar option and I believe comes with a trainer.
    Ahhhh, that explains the price difference. I like how the Colonel has a longer blade - the TDI felt a little too limiting sometimes. I may look into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom