• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    A co-worker asked my opinion of the urban carry holster.

I told him that there's a good chance that the holster might kill you before your assailant does.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    It really looks uncomfortable. Standing it might be fine but sitting? I wear jeans not tight but not loose enough to operate that holster. Chris

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    The YouTube ads for the holster were well done and had me intrigued enough to watch one all the way through a while back.

But I don't think I'd like it. Have to try and remember to watch this later.

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    I've seen multiple YouTube reviews that say the ads are misleading - the reviewers needed to wear very loose fitting pants to get it to work. with normal or relaxed fit jeans (not tight) it heavily printed when sitting down and was uncomfortable. When wearing a belt at normal tension, They simply couldn't get the holster to come out with any grace and when they could get it out it took 2 or 3 tries. When they loosened the belt or took the belt off it kind of worked ok. Now these reviewers were using a full-size pistol (M&P9 or the like) and did say that something along the lines of a single stack compact (LC9s or Shield) or Bodyguard or LCP II might work better. But then again, if you're going to use something that small, why not just buy a pocket holster and carry it in your pocket instead.

I'd never buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom