• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Anyone know of a place or person in Allegany or Garrett County who can remove a barrel but from an AR15? Someone with a upper receiver vice block? Rather not buy one as I feel I wouldn't really ever need it. I just want to have the delta ring style but removed so I can install a free float that i won. Worst case I'll buy one( Rather just pay for their help ) . Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Hi, I haven't been "out West" in a couple years, but I seem to recollect that the "Bassin Box," on Route 40 in LaVale, just south of Surplus City, did some gunsmithing. There was a place just over the West Virginia line, near Cumberland that did 'smithing, too. Can't remember the name. If you're local, you might find them in the yellow book. Good luck, just don't futz with it without the right tool: a cracked lower is real easy to do.

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    RWB in Oakland, MD or Gostomski's in Mount Savage. I think Bob that bought Mulligans in Ridgely also does some smith work.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Thanks to all that replied so far!!

Oddway...I'm not sure Jim at bassin box messes with ARs. He and his wife didn't seem to happy about me going through them on a stripped lower receiver.

CombatAK..I never gave RWB a thought. I knew of Gostomkis for years. I grew up right past his shop. Dad and him are friends, and from all I hear, he's a great guy and very good. I just figured there's not really much in this area other than selling ARs. If all else fails, I'll check out your suggestions.

Jeff, that'd be perfect!! Not in a super hurry I guess. It still shoots as is. I'd love your help if possible, if you're willing.

Thanks again to all.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Thanks to all that replied so far!!

Oddway...I'm not sure Jim at bassin box messes with ARs. He and his wife didn't seem to happy about me going through them on a stripped lower receiver.

CombatAK..I never gave RWB a thought. I knew of Gostomkis for years. I grew up right past his shop. Dad and him are friends, and from all I hear, he's a great guy and very good. I just figured there's not really much in this area other than selling ARs. If all else fails, I'll check out your suggestions.

Jeff, that'd be perfect!! Not in a super hurry I guess. It still shoots as is. I'd love your help if possible, if you're willing.

Thanks again to all.
    If you can wait it will be a stretch but I've got all the tools if you have a vise.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    RWB in Oakland, MD or Gostomski's in Mount Savage. I think Bob that bought Mulligans in Ridgely also does some smith work.

I've got what you need quad but I won't be home for quite some time.

Quad, you'd be in good hands with Chad at RWB in Oakland. He's done several smith jobs on my rifles. Good guy and he knows his stuff. :thumbsup:

Buff could definitely be plan B if your needs, travel distance and time line don't find a better plan A.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    If you can wait it will be a stretch but I've got all the tools if you have a vise.

I should be able to wait. I got a few other things to do before it's ready anyways, one being cutting the front sight down and forming it to fit under the rail. I have the armorers tool, torque wrenches, just no vice block lol. Thought of how to make one, googled, etc. No luck lol.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Quad, you'd be in good hands with Chad at RWB in Oakland. He's done several smith jobs on my rifles. Good guy and he knows his stuff. :thumbsup:

Buff could definitely be plan B if your needs, travel distance and time line don't find a better plan A.

I remember him being on here from a few years back. I've seen on here and heard he's good. I'll see what happens from here. I appreciate your help too.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I should be able to wait. I got a few other things to do before it's ready anyways, one being cutting the front sight down and forming it to fit under the rail. I have the armorers tool, torque wrenches, just no vice block lol. Thought of how to make one, googled, etc. No luck lol.

It might be a couple of months, just a heads up.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom