• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Like many others, I'm not looking forward to freezing my butt off till next April. But it appears the WISP put their Winter 2016/17 snow-making plan in motion today. When I made a post office run, the snow blower guns were a'blazin' on Marsh Mountain.

According to the NWS we will get some snow and temps will become arctic over the next few days. The WISP can build a big base to get their skiing season going.

It's finally time for winter. Enjoy the season --- but be very careful in the ice, snow and slush that's coming.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpg
      IMG_1343.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 557
    • NWS 12_08_2016 Capture.JPG
      NWS 12_08_2016 Capture.JPG
      64.7 KB · Views: 530

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Prepping for the holiday break. If it's cold enough they will make it back in lift ticket sales. Last year sucked and we did not go skiing till Feb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My son is heading to Mammoth Mountain CA. tomorrow afternoon. He lives in Newport Beach and this is his first time going out to experience western snow. I hope he has a great time. It was a little bit of an issue getting his snowboard out to him. But thanks to a friend who made up a container to ship everything, it wasn't too bad. He was an avid snowboarder when he lived in Maryland.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Already been skiing at 7 Springs for the past 2 weekends:thumbsup:

I'm going to hijack this thread some.
    I"m hoping to go to 7 springs with the family over the new years weekend.

I have 4 kids + wifey

It mentions " original four-story complex." Is that close to the slopes?

Lodge Suite
    Lodge Suites are located in the original four-story complex. They feature a comfortable living room area and a private bedroom. These rooms have two queen beds in the bedroom section. To accommodate the whole family, the living room offers a Murphy bed and their own 42 flat screen TV. All come with balconies that overlook the scenic slopes or the Trillium Spa garden or patios, perfect for enjoying the fresh mountain air.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Like many others, I'm not looking forward to freezing my butt off till next April. But it appears the WISP put their Winter 2016/17 snow-making plan in motion today. When I made a post office run, the snow blower guns were a'blazin' on Marsh Mountain.

According to the NWS we will get some snow and temps will become arctic over the next few days. The WISP can build a big base to get their skiing season going.

It's finally time for winter. Enjoy the season --- but be very careful in the ice, snow and slush that's coming.

:thumbsup:

Cool Picture....Oh how I miss living out there. I went to frostburg from 2003 to 2009 for my Bachelors and my Masters, Loved every minute of it. My wife and I ussually head out there a few times a year.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Just got my roof fixed.... Bring it!!!!!

PS I am originally from Wisconsin. Maryland doesn't really have a winter.... ;)

I can see you've never spent a winter in Garrett county.
    Wisconsin compaired to Mariottsville I'd say yes, but not out this way.:thumbsup:

Yeah yeah.... The people from Minnesota tell me the same thing.... :lol2:

Having never spent a winter in either Wisconsin or Minnesota, I won't disagree with either of you. I have experienced many Garrett County winters. They can be brutally cold with much snow.

Even so, there's a group of MDS members known as the Hooligans. There is documented evidence some of them are devoted (or crazy) enough to climb out of warm beds to go shooting when it's -3% at the range... ;)

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=189568&highlight=hooligan

Stay warm and be safe. Winter is coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom