• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    It was always my understanding that a handguard cannot count towards OAL.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    I think I want to ditch my PSA 9mm Glock AR build and get a Scorpion instead. I'd also like to SBR it but I have a couple of questions. If I purchase the 2016 version do I still need the 922r compliance kit? Also I like the Title 2 arms stock http://www.titleiiarms.com/CZ_EVO_ZHUKOV.html
    And the price looks like it came down to $231 shipped. 13.5 inches extended should get me to 29 inches right?

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    For those of you guys who bought the 922r kit and then used a different stock (buffer tube adapter, zhukov, etc.): anybody interested in selling your CZ stock?

provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    I've been thinking of getting the pistol version, I was thinking though, if HPA does pass, won't Maryland just add Suppressors to the evil feature list? And thus making this whole thing even more complicated, especially with the CZ Scorpion?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I've been thinking of getting the pistol version, I was thinking though, if HPA does pass, won't Maryland just add Suppressors to the evil feature list? And thus making this whole thing even more complicated, especially with the CZ Scorpion?

Suppressors are technically already on the "evil features" list, because they suppress the flash of the firearm (I think "redirect from the field of view of the shooter" is the term in the statute...) so they count as a "flash suppressor" toward the copycat test.

As long as you don't also have either a grenade launcher or a folding stock on the same rifle, you're fine.

Also, saying that they'll "just add them" would take an act of the legislature to amend the bill.

provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    Suppressors are technically already on the "evil features" list, because they suppress the flash of the firearm (I think "redirect from the field of view of the shooter" is the term in the statute...) so they count as a "flash suppressor" toward the copycat test.

As long as you don't also have either a grenade launcher or a folding stock on the same rifle, you're fine.

Also, saying that they'll "just add them" would take an act of the legislature to amend the bill.

Ah ok, that makes sense, I knew it would take an act of the legislature, but I figured they could get it passed.

And it's good to know that the suppressors are already accounted for so that's one less thing to have to worry about.

mitra88

Jan 6, 2017
    Columbia, MD
    Not sure if this idea was brought up the forum before. But, take a look at this;

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-w-flash-can/

ScorpionPistolwFlashCan.png

This specific model appears to have the carbine version handguard, CZ flash can attached to the same 7.7" barrel, and extend OAL by 4 inches. Would this specific model (91353) or at least the same configuration pass the MD SBR 29" OAL rule, even with the stock CZ 922r kit?

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Not sure if this idea was brought up the forum before. But, take a look at this;

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-w-flash-can/

ScorpionPistolwFlashCan.png

This specific model appears to have the carbine version handguard, CZ flash can attached to the same 7.7" barrel, and extend OAL by 4 inches. Would this specific model (91353) or at least the same configuration pass the MD SBR 29" OAL rule, even with the stock CZ 922r kit?

Unless I missed something, OAL doesn't change as the muzzle device isn't permanently attached. Even trying to pin and weld this one would be difficult as the barrel nut is below the muzzle device, so you can't get that handguard off to do the pinning. I'd be highly impressed if someone pulled this off through the mlok holes.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    From reading many posts here I thought using the handguard as part of the OAL if it extends past the muzzle was verboten?

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Does anyone know if the factory scorpion stock can be pinned so that it's not capable of folding anymore? My F1 stamp is in and I'd like to cut my scorpion carbine barrel down and use a suppressor. Can't have folding stock :(

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    You can pin a CZ Evo stock pretty easily. I did mine to use a suppressor. IIRC: (Im going from memory)
    * drive out hinge pin
    * drive cross roll pin out that allows sliding rear half to come out
    * from the front drive the roll pin out that holds the button in. Drive it towards the rear where the sliding stock half used to be. Do not let the spring/button shoot off!
    * put a short dowel inside the spring (under the button) so you can't push the button the whole way in to open the folding mechanism anymore. You still want a little play here.
    * holding dowel/spring/button in place, test fit it back on the gun by hooking the latch first and swinging the hinge side into place. If the dowel it too long, you won't be able to get it back on. You want it so that it kind of 'pops' in. Test you can't push the button enough to get the latch to release. When you are happy w/ the length of your dowel, pop the stock back off.
    * holding dowel/spring/button in place, put the roll pin back in from the front to capture everything again.
    * put it back on the gun. Again, hook the latch side first and swing the hinge side into place. Put hinge pin back in. Double check you can not press the button in enough to open it.
    * Put sliding part of stock back on and put its cross pin back in.
    * mount suppressor and go shooting in MD
    i so wish there was video and/or detailed photos of this procedure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom