Breaking: Dumais openly flipping *against* "full ban" on 'AWs'!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There is a huge back story on this, and a great deal more.

There has been tremendous give and take. We got a lot of things removed. Our friends in the legislature - including some surprising new ones - did good things.

But the Governor is twisting back. He is making his last push. We lost some things tonight. We need to push much harder. We need them back.

Honestly, we can win this thing. They know it. We know it. But we gotta want it bad.

Other than everything, what specifically can we hammer them on? I can call, fax and e-mail all day, heck I can even make face-to-face visits, but what are the hot button items to push them off their heals and on their butts?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I don't know.
    Banning a few less rifles looks like they are tossing a bone.

The licensing along with the fingerprinting and registration of certain firearms, regardless of the number, is the key to this sh*t sandwich.

It drives the panic buying, is a de facto ban and in the long run will drive dealers away.

If all we are hearing is that they are considering banning fewer rifles, then the core of the bill remains intact.
    That is the "whole lot more" I was talking about.

Not being cagey anymore. It's just going to take some time to get it down. Really, extensive traction was gained. The Governor is pushing back.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Not being cagey anymore. It's just going to take some time to get it down. Really, extensive traction was gained. The Governor is pushing back.

Understood, loud and clear.

Phone bomb - loaded.
    Fax bomb - loaded.
    e-mail bomb - loaded.

Last two items will be sent down range starting tonight (no sense waiting), and continue through tomorrow.

First item will be sent down range first thing AM.

FTF meetings will happen after customer meetings in the afternoon.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013

Okay, tomorrow it's phone calls for me.
    I will also send faxes.

What more?

I wonder if something to the NRA could get them to update everyone with one of their famous emails and robo call blitzes.
    Knowing that this thing can be brought down would generated a big splash all across the country.
    Think about it... the immortal OweMalley, brought down on his main fascist bill.
    This could have national implications. Yep. Makes sense... one last push from the NRA wouldn't hurt.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    This report on fox45 can't help the gov's cause.

If MSP can't handle background checks, how in the hell will they even begin to process fingerprints, licensing and registration?!?!?

squirrel211

Feb 5, 2013
    I spoke with her a week ago, and she was very accommodating and engaging. She spoke to me about firing a gun for the first time a few weeks ago in researching this bill, and I got the impression that she wasn't completely behind the bill. I will call her tomorrow to tell her that I support her change of heart (she was a cosponsor of the bill) and will urge her to remove the ban completely. I will also call O'Malley's office for the 9th consecutive day, and be transferred to the state police. His political days are numbered, ESPECIALLY if this ban is killed, and he knows it. I will get through eventually, I hope!

T-MANN

Feb 6, 2013
    “Several people who testified about the competitive shooting gave me pause as to whether a complete ban is appropriate,”

Glad to see she was open minded enough to allow COMPETITIVE SHOOTERS the right.

Some progress made but...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

The idea of fingerprinting law abiding citizens for exercising a Constitutional right is repulsive on its face. You don't even have to show any i.d. at all to vote. Enough is enough with this leftist b.s. Time to draw the line.

Thanks again for all your leadership on this.

Tidewatcher

Jan 29, 2012
    The efforts have been productive. We must remain active on all fronts with visits, calls, letters, and emails. We must continue to recruit others during this process and enlarge our numbers. It is somewhat frustrating, as I am certain each of us have friends and family who believe as we do but fail to actively engage. I am eager to continue the effort and send multiple messages to the Governor. His bill was poorly written and researched. His assessment of 2nd Amendment supporters and their resolve was horribly inaccurate. His platform promoters by their continuous assault to law abiding taxpayers need to penalized.

We are in this for the long haul. Expect additional annual attempts until we effect essential change in Annapolis to restore a government of the people. We have a lot to protect and much to repair. My gratitude extends to all who have led and advanced the effort.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    “Several people who testified about the competitive shooting gave me pause as to whether a complete ban is appropriate,”

I highly doubt that is the reason she is shifting gears. But if you sponsor a bill and see the shit storm that ensues and decide to start singing a different tune, you need SOMETHING to lean on. If that's the one thing that will let her justify changing her stance... So be it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

How does she think competitive shooters become competitive? Were they just born that way? :rolleyes:

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    The top cover for "Assault Weapon" bills is erroding with President Obama not fully getting behind it and the Democrats pulling that part of the legislation off the floor. Hopefully the Governor and the rest of the Democrats in Annapolis realize that with 0 support from Washington their fight just got tougher.

Their strike while the iron is hot approach from Sandy Hook is cooling off. The President's approval rating is starting to trend down. They are starting to loose momentum so we gotta keep the pressure on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom