• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I've been looking into this and it mentions absolutely nothing about measuring with a removable butt pad. Seems odd they require the flash hider permanently affixed but not the pad, if that is in fact the case.

The butt pad must be mechanically fastened. Not a slip on.

They mention the muzzle device specifically when stating how to measure OAL. I'll find the specific language and post it

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    The butt pad must be mechanically fastened. Not a slip on.

They mention the muzzle device specifically when stating how to measure OAL. I'll find the specific language and post it

I sure would appreciate it, especially anything with the mechanically fastened pad verbiage in it as well.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This is based on ATF 5320.8 (atf handbook). You can download and read the original if you want.

I have not seen anything that directly directly addresses the slip on vs. Screw on butt pad. Everyone seems to agree that if a tool is needed to remove it then it is part of the stock. (If anyone has seen a BATFE letter to this effect, I would like to see it.

Attachments

• guidelines_for_barrel_and_overall_length_measurements_for_firearms-2.pdf
      83.9 KB · Views: 347

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    This is based on ATF 5320.8 (atf handbook). You can download and read the original if you want.

I have not seen anything that directly directly addresses the slip on vs. Screw on butt pad. Everyone seems to agree that if a tool is needed to remove it then it is part of the stock. (If anyone has seen a BATFE letter to this effect, I would like to see it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom