• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm sorry. Please don't get me wrong and maybe I'm reading this all wrong...why is everyone so surprised that Joe, or any other Hooligan for that matter, wouldn't do anything other than try and return the gun to it's rightful owner. I guess I'm just surprised by the surprise. I know the world is full of DHs, but...:shrug:

I am glad there are still people like Joe in the world, but I say there are more than you think.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    j8064's Follow Up Post

After my last post on this thread I logged off the forum. Quite frankly I was more than pissed about the initial nonsense posts on a "Non Water Cooler Thread", Especially when the thread was started with the intention to do the right thing: Help get a guy his lost rifle back! I guess my expectation of some forum members was too high.

Posts that are "comedy" or ridiculously off topic should be reserved for the Water Cooler. But often they are not. Most members (including me) have thick skins. Rain on me anytime on the Water Cooler. But when you take the unproductive and frivolous crap and post it on open forums - that crosses my line of respect for you - especially when the topic is as serious as trying to get a lost rifle back to the owner... My ask is you have some sense of decorum.

B/S like this is (among other reasons) why I took a long vacation from this forum. DutchV's quote sums it up for me:
    You hadn't noticed that the entire forum has become the Water Cooler?

In addition to outrider58's post below I received PM's of support from other members. Thank you for them. They mean a lot. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry. Please don't get me wrong and maybe I'm reading this all wrong...why is everyone so surprised that Joe, or any other Hooligan for that matter, wouldn't do anything other than try and return the gun to it's rightful owner. I guess I'm just surprised by the surprise. I know the world is full of DHs, but...:shrug:

I am glad there are still people like Joe in the world, but I say there are more than you think.

We Hooligans did the right thing. The lost gun was returned to its owner. At the end of the day, that truly mattered most!

j8064

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    :thumbsup:
    After my last post on this thread I logged off the forum. Quite frankly I was more than pissed about the initial nonsense posts on a "Non Water Cooler Thread", Especially when the thread was started with the intention to do the right thing: Help get a guy his lost rifle back! I guess my expectation of some forum members was too high.

Posts that are "comedy" or ridiculously off topic should be reserved for the Water Cooler. But often they are not. Most members (including me) have thick skins. Rain on me anytime on the Water Cooler. But when you take the unproductive and frivolous crap and post it on open forums - that crosses my line of respect for you - especially when the topic is as serious as trying to get a lost rifle back to the owner... My ask is you have some sense of decorum.

B/S like this is (among other reasons) why I took a long vacation from this forum. DutchV's quote sums it up for me:

In addition to outrider58's post below I received PM's of support from other members. Thank you for them. They mean a lot. :thumbsup:

We Hooligans did the right thing. The lost gun was returned to its owner. At the end of the day, that truly mattered most!

j8064

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

j8064

There isn't one among us who would have expected anything different from a Hooligan. Not a one.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom