• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    http://www.spartanfirearmstraininggroup.com/

Checked the Search & I’m not sure this has been posted, or if other companies and institutions are doing this, but I just read these guys are partnering with Carroll Community College in Westminster to offer the HQL training as an actual (non-credit) college course. Huh? Snowflakes gotta be losing their s**t. Still a little bit of ‘Murica in Central MD I guess.:party29:

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    http://www.spartanfirearmstraininggroup.com/

Checked the Search & I’m not sure this has been posted, or if other companies and institutions are doing this, but I just read these guys are partnering with Carroll Community College in Westminster to offer the HQL training as an actual (non-credit) college course. Huh? Snowflakes gotta be losing their s**t. Still a little bit of ‘Murica in Central MD I guess.:party29:

This company advertised on many different fb and forums pages!
    And yet they are not a member of the largest MD firearm forum!
    I find it interesting that you can go to there web page and/or ask them a direct question and they will not give you prices.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I find it interesting that you can go to there web page and/or ask them a direct question and they will not give you prices.

I have been looking for someplace teaching the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class, but it would be nice if they had more information on their site, such as schedule and prices.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, their website(it isn't one) sucks. And you'd think the owners would have at least checked photos used for the page. Unless they did, then they suck as instructors.

Attachments

• grip.jpg
      grip.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 357

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Well, their website(it isn't one) sucks. And you'd think the owners would have at least checked photos used for the page. Unless they did, then they suck as instructors.
    I agree with that, not much to go on there. I’m more so proud that my local community college offers / sponsors anything that has to do with firearms. That’s the absolute last place in MD I’d expect to see anything from the right hand side of the political spectrum, even in Carroll County. I could give two bleeps about the folks offering the actual training, even though in the long run I suppose that may actually affect the future of the program. However that wasn’t the point of my post.

My OP also asked if anyone has noticed this type of program at other CC’s? Does Catonsville CC do this, Baltimore CC, or Harford CC, etc...? The snowflakes are steadily moving out of the crime ridden areas they created and into my beloved County (thanks to O’Malley’s illegal gerrymandering taking Roscoe Bartlett from us and other reasons), and I suspect it won’t be too many more years that Carroll will fall under the Democratic party control. This course just does me proud that our County proposed and instituted this, in what had to be directly in the face of the MD legislature. I wonder how much opposition they received, or any financial penalties they might receive in the form of withheld State dollars, etc...

SpartanF

Jan 3, 2018
    Carroll County Maryland
    Hello,

My name is Frank Duffy. I am the Vice President of the Spartan Firearms Training Group. If you send us an email or call we would be delighted to tell you what our training fees are.

SpartanF

Jan 3, 2018
    Carroll County Maryland
    Lastly, our schedule with the college and pricing for HQL at the College are all on the college course website. Our business outside of the college is 100% referral based. If you have any questions we are very responsive. Please reach out.

SpartanF

Jan 3, 2018
    Carroll County Maryland

HRDWRK-If you have asked us a direct pricing question and not received an answer I do sincerely apologize. It must have been on oversite. I cannot recall a prospective client asking about our pricing and not receiving a direct answer. Who would show up to class not knowing what they’re going to pay, lol.

Our “website” is more of a landing page and a formality than a website. Since our business model is referral based we don’t direct people there.

We only advertise on Facebook with “sponsored” posts (if you want to call that advertising). Although we are now a member of this forum we are not on any others.

We talk to each prospective client about their individual needs and whether or not they legally need our training or are seeking it for personal reasons. The exception to that are the students who enroll through CCC. The first time we talk to them is often the day of the class. CCC has been an amazingly supportive partner from day one of us bringing this idea to them.

Anyway, we appreciate the feedback and support. Stay safe!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia

Not that much wrong with the photo. While the second one is using the correct grip for a revolver, although a bit loosely, I have seen a number of shooters at matches that use the same grip for a semi-auto like the shooter in the foreground. Might be wrong to me as a competition shooter but it happens. Not easy to get them to change either. So I am guessing its a familiarization class for gun-handling not actual shooting.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

HRDWRK-If you have asked us a direct pricing question and not received an answer I do sincerely apologize. It must have been on oversite. I cannot recall a prospective client asking about our pricing and not receiving a direct answer. Who would show up to class not knowing what they’re going to pay, lol.

Our “website” is more of a landing page and a formality than a website. Since our business model is referral based we don’t direct people there.

We only advertise on Facebook with “sponsored” posts (if you want to call that advertising). Although we are now a member of this forum we are not on any others.

We talk to each prospective client about their individual needs and whether or not they legally need our training or are seeking it for personal reasons. The exception to that are the students who enroll through CCC. The first time we talk to them is often the day of the class. CCC has been an amazingly supportive partner from day one of us bringing this idea to them.

Anyway, we appreciate the feedback and support. Stay safe!

My post was made Dec 30th. At that time you were not a member of this forum!

Yesterday you joined the forum and post a very weak attempt at a response, just like your web page/fb page and comments.

How did You hear about this post on Mds and about your "Business"?

How much is your price for the HQL class?

Two questions direct!

SpartanF

Jan 3, 2018
    Carroll County Maryland
    My post was made Dec 30th. At that time you were not a member of this forum!

Yesterday you joined the forum and post a very weak attempt at a response, just like your web page/fb page and comments.

How did You hear about this post on Mds and about your "Business"?

How much is your price for the HQL class?

Two questions direct!

I guess this is our “welcome to the forum” party!!

Weak attempt at a response? I’m sorry that is your perception. I’m not sure why you feel that way, I thought it was ok, lol. I guess it really doesn’t matter. It is what it is.

One of our business referral sources (an FFL) who I assume is a member of the forum told us that he saw people posting about CCC. He asked if we were members, which we were not. I had heard of MDs but not being much of a forum guy I never joined. Now we are members and signing up as an industry partner as well, hope we can positively contribute to the forum.

We charge by the hour for our training.

HQL is $100

If you go through the college it’s $125 (fees are outlined in the CCC course syllabus).

Our emergency Casualty Care Course (TCCC) is $150 (includes contents for an IFAK). Current LEO and active Military $125.

Our Utah CCW class is $100 (unless you’re adding to an existing class and then it’s $25).

We haven't priced our DC CCW class yet (as we were just approved today). It’s 16 hours (similar to MD but with more comprehensive law and live shoot requirements).

MD wear and carry is $400 (unless you tell us our website sucks and Facebook page sucks, and forum responses suck, then we add a premium charge TBD based on number of sucks you allege).

Our calendar, pricing, additional courses, and instructors are all being added to the website, but we’ve been busy teaching people how to shoot and getting them through the g&s hoops and MSP.

Hope that helps.

Stay safe and let me know if you have any more direct questions!

SpartanF

Jan 3, 2018
    Carroll County Maryland
    Some additional information about the Carroll Community College HQL course...we approached the college with a proposal to run a HQL course. We submitted a full curriculum, a rationale for the training, and a detailed summary of our personal firearms training. We identified another community college doing that training (in western Maryland). The CCC staff carefully reviewed our proposal and accepted it. The staff has been extraordinarily helpful, gracious, and supportive of our efforts to deliver HQL training to Maryland citizens. Their chief of security has been very supportive and helpful. We have a long-term contract to deliver that training.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Thanks for the updates, & welcome to the forum. My Original Post was sent up as a celebration of all things firearms, 2A, and there still being some semblance of freedom in MD - Carroll County. Usually it takes about 4 replies to an OP to get off track never to return, for some reason this time it was only one. You’ll get used to this phenomenon on MD Shooters, you shouldn’t have to, but you will.

Admittedly, your current website doesn’t offer much in the way of information for our members here that were interested after reading my post. Your explanation and apolgy was very well stated, appreciated, and in my opinion it clarified the whole situation. In Maryland we don’t have much pride in our government or faith that they will protect our 2A rights, so when I saw your ad posted in my LGS (shout out to Baltimore’s Best Pawn) I couldn’t wait to post on MDS that there was still some factions of MD government that believes in the 2nd Amendment and true freedom for its citizens. Usually we get a few “that’s great” & “I’d be interested in seeing how well this goes” replies before the thread goes off the rails. Not this time, and for that I’m sorry.

For those that chose the actual intent of my post to reply to, it seems to be a very positive response. Those whose only take-away was the link to your website and their opinion of its usefulness, well.....I won’t comment further. I wish you and your program the best of luck going forward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom