• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC0311

Feb 17, 2017
    I've been exploring options on barrels for my 308 build and stumbled across this company. Seems to be moderately priced would just like to hear from people who have had them. Accuaracy? Durability?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've been exploring options on barrels for my 308 build and stumbled across this company. Seems to be moderately priced would just like to hear from people who have had them. Accuaracy? Durability?

Depends on the accuracy you are looking for. If you are looking for incredibly accurate barrels, go look at Shilen, Lilja, Kreiger, Bartlien, Criterion, etc...

Durability is defined as if you intend to use the barrel as a hammer or not. If you want to use it as a hammer, go buy a hammer. If you want a rifle barrel that will shoot decently and stand up to the test of thousands rounds, then get a BA or better branded barrel.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    BA barrels are part of a new breed that puts out affordable, accurate barrels. They won't compare to match offerings (mostly) but for your average shooter they'll be more than enough. Take a look at Faxon too, my gunner barrel is sub moa. My BA Hanson is no slouch though. You can't go wrong with either

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I've used BA and Faxon barrels and will continue to use them. They've been 100% reliable and the only match barrels I can compare them to (that I've owned) are Wilson Combat and White Oak Armament. The BA and Faxon can shoot 1-2 inch groups with factory ammo which is good enough for me and what I am doing. The Wilson and WOA however, could easily hit the same hole repeatedly.

All in all, for $110-170 on the BA and Faxon I am not disappointed at all. The quality of them is outstanding. Gas port size has been correct, feed ramps cut nicely, threads perfect. The barrels I am using or have used are...

http://www.righttobear.com/Ballistic-Advantage-10-5-Carbine-Barrel-5-56-p/babl556005m.htm

http://www.righttobear.com/FAXON-FIREARMS-16-PENCIL-5-56-NATO-Mid-Length-p/15a58m16npq.htm

http://www.righttobear.com/FAXON-FIREARMS-14-5-PENCIL-5-56-NATO-Mid-Length-p/15a58m14npq.htm

http://www.righttobear.com/Ballistic-Advantage-8-Barrel-300-Blackout-p/babl300001m.htm

theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    I just put the 20" stainless ba barrel on my 308, This is my first time out with it at 100 yards, shooting off bags.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
      IMG_0665.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 738

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Just picked up the Ballistic Advantage 16" .223 Wylde Hanson Midlength Barrel Premium Series with low pro gas block, tube and roll pin. Also with the VG6 Precision Epsilon brake. $250 for the whole deal. I'm hoping this is an awesome barrel. Never paid that much for one part before.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Just picked up the Ballistic Advantage 16" .223 Wylde Hanson Midlength Barrel Premium Series with low pro gas block, tube and roll pin. Also with the VG6 Precision Epsilon brake. $250 for the whole deal. I'm hoping this is an awesome barrel. Never paid that much for one part before.

That's a lot of stuff for $250. That vg6 is nice.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Is a Hanson profile HBAR?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I had 1 6.5 creedmoor. Shot sub Moa at 100 had no trouble banging 10" steel at 500 yards. Worth the money yes are there better barrels out there yes.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Keep in mind the hammer thing was just a joke, nothing more. It wasn't meant to be person, just some humor.

The sad thing is that a friend of mine actually used his brand new AR HBAR as a hammer, because he lost his hammer. Then he wondered why the barrel wouldn't shoot right. :sad20:

I just want to take this opportunity to say that was not me. I have plenty of hammers(too many, actually) and I believe in using the right tool for the right job. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom