• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I am bidding a job for some countertops and our customer wants me to include the fabrication of a tubular steel support frame.

The frames are about 15ft long x 24" deep with 4 legs about 42" tall.l using 2" square tube. There are 10 units total. I could buy the steel if needed and just pay for the fabrication but I would prefer a quote for both.

Here is my simple sketch just for a rough idea of what we would need. I'll send you the shop drawing if you want to quote this.

07940367c0a4cdc259e7642e0081828a.jpg

Also we would need them in about 45 -60 days if we were awarded the job, and they would not have to be delivered at the same time.

Thanks
    John

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    All together, should take less than a week to build and prime paint. Set up a jig and cut it all at once. Unfortunately, I don't have time to take this on.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    I am bidding a job for some countertops and our customer wants me to include the fabrication of a tubular steel support frame.

The frames are about 15ft long x 24" deep with 4 legs about 42" tall.l using 2" square tube. There are 10 units total. I could buy the steel if needed and just pay for the fabrication but I would prefer a quote for both.

Here is my simple sketch just for a rough idea of what we would need. I'll send you the shop drawing if you want to quote this.

07940367c0a4cdc259e7642e0081828a.jpg

Also we would need them in about 45 -60 days if we were awarded the job, and they would not have to be delivered at the same time.

Thanks
    John
    Decker welding in cockeysville, top notch work

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You're going to need some type of cross bracing for that table. Possibly some 45 degree angle braces on the back of each leg to the bottom of the table top. I would also consider some type of brace running from 1 leg to the other. That 15 ft run is going to be a problem for stability.

Good Luck!

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Send a pm to jmorrissmetal. I don't know him but he does metal fabrication and has posted some photos on here of his bench setup that may be a similar steel layout to your drawing.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. Im going to make some calls tomorrow. As for cross bracing JH this thing is an internal skeleton only. There will be a plywood die wall on one side with a few L brackets. The whole thing is then clad in acrylic "corian" when done.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Mid Atlantic Welding and Fabrication in Annapolis Junction/Jessup. (240) 360-0616

Tell them Dan recommended them.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I should have posted last week.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts. I really appreciate it.

I submitted our bid using pricing from a fellow member. I hope we win this work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom