• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Are they over hyped or worth the money?
    I picked one up used and then searched what they sell for and went :shocked3::shocked3:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    A HD shotgun is like a super sexy hot girl that likes to have sex but is dumb as rocks.......it's really cool to fondle it and hang out with it for a while but eventually you'll get bored. Got rid of all my HD shotguns and now the benelli is the go to and I have a coach gun I had cut to 18 on the nose......that's just to fun to sell

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    They are great shotguns.
    I've had mine since 2000.

I put the Surefire fore grip and light combo and pistol grip. ( only issue is you need to modify the knife lug to install the Surefire.
    It runs flawless.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    They're nice guns but no doubt pricey for a pump gun. I happen the REALLY like running 00 buck through an HD style shotgun so I have been sorely tempted to buy one.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its a shotgun, not really sure for non military use what the steel receiver gets you. Like all semi short shotguns its loud. I have one its a little bit of tacticool.

There are cheaper options if you want barebones.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    A HD shotgun is like a super sexy hot girl that likes to have sex but is dumb as rocks.......it's really cool to fondle it and hang out with it for a while but eventually you'll get bored. Got rid of all my HD shotguns and now the benelli is the go to and I have a coach gun I had cut to 18 on the nose......that's just to fun to sell

I like dumb hot girls...

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    590A1 has an aluminum receiver, not steel.

I have two 590A1s and they are fantastic. I wanted the military specs so the price was worth it to me. The short one is my HD gun. 18.5" barrel. 7 round mag. Magpul stock with no spacers make it very manageable, compact home defense gun.

You could just get the 590 if you don't need the heavy barrel, aluminum trigger group, and aluminum safety button. Save a few dollars and get the same function and reliability.

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpg
      IMG_3407.jpg
      82.1 KB · Views: 1,106

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

I have two 590A1s and they are fantastic. I wanted the military specs so the price was worth it to me. The short one is my HD gun. 18.5" barrel. 7 round mag. Magpul stock with no spacers make it very manageable, compact home defense gun.

You could just get the 590 if you don't need the heavy barrel, aluminum trigger group, and aluminum safety button. Save a few dollars and get the same function and reliability.
    Yours looks alot like mine:

E1D74286-D29D-48B1-96C8-56319CEC8E92_zpsddlpzvw6.jpg

Promag safety:

1D1FF130-EA08-41BA-B782-B094938AAB01_zpskvicavaw.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Yup you are right, always thought they were steel just magnet tested mine and not. Its one of the Talo guns with the fiber sights that came with a bayo etc. Frankly I rarely shoot the thing as I have a plain 590 that I use as a truck gun.

The 590A1 is the one in the middle, my beater 590 is right below it.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpg
      IMG_1244.jpg
      67.2 KB · Views: 490

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    As much as I'd love an M4, my next purchase will most likely be a 590a1 of some flavor, especially since they are pretty lefty friendly.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland

In not sure I'd get bored with that girl....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom