• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have one side and a portion of the rear of the house on the north side that has green build up. Looking for someone to power wash.
    430f2f593e6da76a81f9b705a59a8737.jpg

9da351459bf249699550f53640c239b4.jpg

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I had some algae. After two guys who agreed to take the job stood me up, I bought an extension pole and did it myself. And you don't want to to power wash algae. Soft brush and soap is all it takes.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    I had some algae. After two guys who agreed to take the job stood me up, I bought an extension pole and did it myself. And you don't want to to power wash algae. Soft brush and soap is all it takes.

They used about 60 psi to soft wash the siding. Worked well.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I have a 2700 sq ft house, a 1600 sq ft detached garage, a back patio with retaining wall (approx 400sq ft which needed to have growth between the pavers sprayed out), a wrap around cover cement porch and a front concrete walk way.

This was all washed, the walkway and retaining wall were sealed and it cost around $600.

I ended up having him also re-sand the patio and detail my car while he was there, which was an extra couple hundred plus sand.

He will offer you a discount if you are having multiple surfaces done.

His invoice charges by square foot of siding, patio etc and the pricing is all different. I believe it was .15/sq ft of siding which is all inclusive for gas, labor, soaps etc.

The patio was a little more since they are 6x6” pavers and he had to wash out all the dirt in between.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Jollyllama, you got one nice deal there.

I ended up using "wet and forget".
    I was able to spray the house getting onto an extension ladder or hanging out the one window on the side to get the top.
    This stuff works AWESOME. After a few days everything that was green turned black. Then faded away within a month.
    When the new owners moved in they were very happy.

I then used "Spray and forget" which has a version that attaches to your hose. That I used on my vacation house and I felt it did not work as fast but was easy to apply cause it attached to the hose.

The new house has stucco/EIFS and the window sills are white. Spray and forget took out 95% of the built up mold. I can't really pressure wash that stuff so I'll apply again next spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom