• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Attach it to the federal spending due April 28. Slip in in with the military budget. :shrug:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To borrow Mopar's " Let's play trade the Noun" theme, let's play trade the Amendment.

How would it fly that since certain states might have different racial makeup's , it is within their perogitive to ignore 13th, 14th, or 15th Amendments for better control of their population. Sound ok ? Or do Constitutional Rights apply everywhere ?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    So now that 1/3rd of the year is over, when are we going to see how bad we get ****ed by our representatives? I mean for gods sake lets get this goat roping going!!

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It's no different from healthcare "repeal" they are just fine forcing votes when they know it has O chance of being signed, as soon as they get someone who will sign it then they all of a sudden have problems..... it's all a game and for show

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    If the reciprocity bill is not law by election time 2018, I am sitting at home and will not vote, no matter how much scare tactics the spineless GOP uses.

McCain didn't draw the base, neither did Romney. Trump did because he didn't compete in the largely liberal cities but in the hinterlands. He worked the electoral vote rather than the popular vote. If the Republicans don't understand what that means, they really are the Dumb Party.

To that extent, I'm with G&P. I distrust the UniParty regardless of how many flags they wave. I am no longer Linus, and I have no confidence remaining in Lucy and her football.

That said, minimum thresholds apply. If Trump succeeds only in the confirmation of Scalia-like justices at every opportunity, thereby changing the arc of the country for the next thirty years, he will have earned my vote in 2020. And if he continues in his second term, I'll probably write in a vote for him in 2024 and 2028 as well. :)

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    What Trump has said about 2A is exactly what's wrong and IMHO not enough.

He said he will protect our 2A.

I don't want him and the republicans to just fight to protect it.... I want them to fight to ADVANCE it and slide the scale back to where it started.

The Dems fight to destroy it, repubs just fight to not let it get worse.... so the slider goes down the scale, pauses a little while, slides further down the scale etc, never slides up the scale.

I get that same feeling from the NRA, they are more concerned with fighting the war, not winning the war because they would then be out of jobs and donations.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    McCain didn't draw the base, neither did Romney. Trump did because he didn't compete in the largely liberal cities but in the hinterlands. He worked the electoral vote rather than the popular vote. If the Republicans don't understand what that means, they really are the Dumb Party.

To that extent, I'm with G&P. I distrust the UniParty regardless of how many flags they wave. I am no longer Linus, and I have no confidence remaining in Lucy and her football.

That said, minimum thresholds apply. If Trump succeeds only in the confirmation of Scalia-like justices at every opportunity, thereby changing the arc of the country for the next thirty years, he will have earned my vote in 2020. And if he continues in his second term, I'll probably write in a vote for him in 2024 and 2028 as well. :)

I agree with you. I should have clarified, I meant I'll sit out the congressional votes. I blame the budget mess on Ryan and McConnell. To his credit, I think Trump is a decent man who wants to do the right thing. But he doesn't have the experience in government. The Republicans in Congress do. They need to take the lead in passing good conservative bills, as we know Trump will sign them if they reach his desk. Every year, the GOP Republicans betray us, and then come election time, they say, "But think of how bad the Democrats would be!" Sorry, but that ain't working on me anymore. Fool me once...

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    What Trump has said about 2A is exactly what's wrong and IMHO not enough.

He said he will protect our 2A.

I don't want him and the republicans to just fight to protect it.... I want them to fight to ADVANCE it and slide the scale back to where it started.

The Dems fight to destroy it, repubs just fight to not let it get worse.... so the slider goes down the scale, pauses a little while, slides further down the scale etc, never slides up the scale.

I get that same feeling from the NRA, they are more concerned with fighting the war, not winning the war because they would then be out of jobs and donations.

I didn't want to say it.

It does seem like job security. His NRA speech only left me thinking I could keep what I have ... for now. Then I think of the scale in terms of cc and how many states have went pro. That is great but this also makes me wonder how many people have taken advantage of this vs how many individuals have lost various rights when an entire state restricts something. A small percentage per state vs 100% per those restrictive states. Fair comparison?? Just a thought, ICBWrong.
    I'm staying positive though, that's what they want. :fingerscrossed

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The NRA put out a brand new commercial which sounded like an endorsement of National Reciprocity, but didn't say it by name. Why not?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They should've put it in the budget bill, then at least the Republican would've done something good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I hear this all the time. It's important to remember that Elections are effectively a binary choice. Neither option may be good for gun rights but one is always worse than the other. On top of that, any vote you don't cast for the candidate you dislike the least, is a vote that the worse candidate doesn't need to overcome. So, not voting is mathematically similar to voting for the worst candidate.

Every time Trump does something you don't like, ask yourself if Hillary and second Ginsberg on the court would pave the way to a better life for your grandchildren?

The NRA isn't going anywhere because of this. The reason the founders enumerated the inalienable rights in the constitution is because they knew that there would always be people who thought they knew better. Heck, for each one that passed, there were those who disagreed. There will always be people, usually powerful ones, who could be even more powerful if they could control our speech, our religion and the means to defend the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom