• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The advertisements have become a focal point in the court case against a gun company over the 2012 massacre at a Connecticut elementary school where gunman Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle to kill 20 children and six adults. Bushmaster has advertised its AR weapons with the slogan "consider your man card reissued."

Relatives of the Sandy Hook victims alleged in a lawsuit that the maker of the Bushmaster was negligent by marketing military-style weapons to young people who may be unstable and intent on inflicting mass casualties. The lawsuit against Remington Arms was dismissed because of broad immunity granted to the gun industry, but the Connecticut Supreme Court is weighing whether to reinstate it.
    Marketing tactics for AR rifles under new scrutiny after mass shootings

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I thought the rifle was bought by the killer's mother? Bushmaster's marketing had nothing to do with the situation, unless his mother needed her man card reissued.

The judge is cut from the same cloth as the Connecticut legislators, who insisted that everyone register their scary black rifles. Apparently a few citizens actually did so, maybe as many as 15%. The rest are either criminals or patriots, terrorists-in-waiting or freedom fighters. Or just stubborn and sick of being pushed around by idiots.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Cigarette advertising is heavily restricted, legal product. Alcohol advertising is self regulated, for now. I could see congress pass some very strict regulations on firearms advertising.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Why not sue Hollywood while there at it? Or video game developers? I’m sure that industry profits from media depicting people using firearms far exceeds the combined profits of all “ evil” gun manufacturers.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Cigarette advertising is heavily restricted, legal product. Alcohol advertising is self regulated, for now. I could see congress pass some very strict regulations on firearms advertising.

I'm pretty tired of seeing advertising for prescription drugs on TV. Most of that stuff will kill you a lot quicker than nicotine.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I'm pretty tired of seeing advertising for prescription drugs on TV. Most of that stuff will kill you a lot quicker than nicotine.

Yeah and don't even get me started on those "Pillows of Death" Mr. Pillowhead hawks every 12 minutes on Fox. Everyone knows that assault pillows're one of the most effective weapons in common use (on TV and in movies) to suffocate women in crime dramas.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Yeah and don't even get me started on those "Pillows of Death" Mr. Pillowhead hawks every 12 minutes on Fox. Everyone knows that assault pillows're one of the most effective weapons in common use (on TV and in movies) to suffocate women in crime dramas.

You can add to take out a Supreme Court Justice to the list :innocent0

That guy Jeff

The artist formerly known as eljefefx
    Sep 28, 2010
    An island in the PNW

And here I thought you were going to complain about women voting like you do in the Bundy thread.

Color me surprised.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Weird thing is only place I see gun ads in print is in gun related magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom