• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone have suggestions on any gun shops (or stores) within about a 30 minute drive if Bethany beach that carry or are likely to carry Glock 17 9mm mags and SR-25 .308 Mags? Preferably PMAGs. I’ll be out there soon visiting family and I figured if there was something convenient in the area I should pick up a few.

Otherwise it is a trip out to Cabela’s which is like 3hrs round trip for me.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'd also scout out places along the way. If you are coming down 404, there are a few placed not far out of the way.
    Opening up Google and searching gun shops I see a few but some look like FFLs operating out of their homes.

Definitely check out or call up Lighthouse. IP here (Accurate Pawn) is the owner.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Don't know their stock but you could try Lighthouse in Fenwick (on 54) or Hook em and Cook em Outfitters in South Bethany on coastal hywy. Haven't been to either but plan on checking out Lighthouse tomorrow.

+1 for Lighthouse. Lots of stuff there.

HookEm and CookEm is geared towards the hunter when it comes to firearms. Nothing wrong with that, just what it is.

Also Steele’s in Lewes. Haven’t been there, but want to check it out at some point.

Maybe just call ahead and ask?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was just in Hook'em and Cook'em last Sunday. They should have what you need. Lighthouse Guns and Gear is a great place but very inconsistent hours. You should call them because I think they are open Wed-Sat right now. That is where I go for high cap mags.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    +1 for Lighthouse. Lots of stuff there.

HookEm and CookEm is geared towards the hunter when it comes to firearms. Nothing wrong with that, just what it is.

Also Steele’s in Lewes. Haven’t been there, but want to check it out at some point.

Hook'em and Cook'em has a case full of handguns and a wall full of rifles.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County

Steele's is an absolute must-see if you're into used guns, both military and sporting. The place is packed with interesting stuff. My C&R has gotten a workout there!

Here's their information:
    Address: 28815 Lewes Georgetown Hwy, Lewes, DE 19958
    Hours: Open today · 10AM–5PM
    Phone: (302) 684-5198

JoeR

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Steele's is an absolute must-see if you're into used guns, both military and sporting. The place is packed with interesting stuff. My C&R has gotten a workout there!

Here's their information:
    Address: 28815 Lewes Georgetown Hwy, Lewes, DE 19958
    Hours: Open today · 10AM–5PM
    Phone: (302) 684-5198

JoeR

I just seen a nice P14 and No.1mk111 at Lankfords in Seaford for $250 each:shocking: tactical stuff home-loading all kind of pistols mosins etc

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I was at Hook em and cook em about a month ago and they didn't have any Glock mags, but that was then. I would call first. Lighthouse had a bunch.

I haven't checked this place out but it is on your way. http://www.dmvlesupply.com/sales.html

There is also this one. Gunshooter Enterprises  
    WebsiteDirections
    7 Google reviews
    Gun shop in Millsboro, Delaware
    Address: 240 Main St, Millsboro, DE 19966
    Hours: Closed now
    Phone: (302) 663-0838

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Authors Shooting Supply in Berlin is a pretty cool little shop. It is literally a garage behind a house. Some C&R, some modern, used and new Guns, parts and ammo. Guy behind the counter has been awesome the last two times I have been there.

There is also Larry’s trading post in West OC. This is a great place if you want to eyeball some REALLY top notch fancy shotguns and other things. Prices are retail or higher on pretty much everything there. But if you are browsing and want to get hands on with something it’s not bad. If you actually buy a firearm there, chances are you will pay way too much for it.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Right opposite of Charley Steele's south of 9 is Hopkins Gun shop lots of good stuff in there well established. Drive down the long farm lane to the shop at the rear of the farm. Prices are exceptional on whatever you may find there. Charley's as always is a blast. There was a sported T no 4 with pads there last time I visited but no R or serialed mount so KWYLA but could be a fun project gun There's another at 9 and 20 hardscrabble crossroad, I dont even think it has a name call to check if open. Messicks Hardware, The old man there is as knowledgeable as they come and is there to just stay busy but decent inventory for what you need for a day in the field unless your home-loading or building a rifle. Lankfords is the sleeper but not near the beach so probably not cool for 30 minutes Gunshooters in Millsboro is good too lots of pistols but US martial arms overpriced and some dressed with repop parts so if that's your thing know what your looking at.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Check them out. Just up the road from Bethany. Call to make sure they’re open in their new location first.

Attachments

• D317277F-6009-4C7A-B59C-131BBCB5EFC3.jpg
      D317277F-6009-4C7A-B59C-131BBCB5EFC3.jpg
      112.8 KB · Views: 143

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Aurthors shooting supply usually has 80%. Few others in the Parsonsburg md area has some too most times

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom