• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    Hello everyone, I recently (Nov 7 2017) appealed my denial to the HPRB and had the Board rule in my favor and overturn MSP denial.

Its not Jan 16 2017, and no written letter from the board. I have called several times and left a voicemail. I have sent several emails to Samiyah, but all with no response.

Anyone who has recently had the HPRB and had the board overturn MSP ruling....How long did it take to get the letter in your favor from the board?

I am over 2 months with no response from anyone and just wanted to get other members opinions and feedback about this issue.

Thanks for your time!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    It may be longer, esp if the chairman misses a meeting. 2 months I would say is a minimum.
    Go to the next meeting and ask?

Sent from the 3rd Rock

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    Myself, and two others that I know of, had denials overturned at the 19 September review board. None of us has received anything as of today. Last week the secretary confirmed that decision letters have not been sent out with no additional info. Very frustrating to say the least.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Myself, and two others that I know of, had denials overturned at the 19 September review board. None of us has received anything as of today. Last week the secretary confirmed that decision letters have not been sent out with no additional info. Very frustrating to say the least.

I've had cases, as well as a friend of mine has too, from other Maryland hearing boards that took over one year for a decision from the hearing date. Yes, it is frustrating, but appears the way it is. My DC CCW appeal which I lost was over a year just to get that decision. I'm now on day 98 from resubmitting after the DC loss, and shall issue order, and haven't heard anything.

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    That is both reassuring and disheartening at the same time. They probably shouldn’t state “60 days max” at the hearing if it’s taking them up to a year.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    My advice, be patient, you won! The HPRB aren't the bad guys, they have to do a lot of paperwork for each person.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    My friend got a favorable response on Oct 3rd. just got his permit on Jan 3

NOBODY

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Isn't this the "improved customer service" Hogan promised? Oh ... wait... this has to do with those icky guns... can't touch dis...:rolleyes:

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom