• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    $30 rebate on the 3-9x40 and $50 rebate on the 4-16x44 (I think that one has a 30mm tube).

I'll admit to being an unabashed Bushnell fanboy. They mostly seem to make decent glass at pretty good prices. I haven't read much in the way of reviews as their new line has only been out a couple of months.

I just picked up the 3-9x40 to replace the Trophy XLT 3-9x40 on my AR-15. A little over an ounce lighter and a MOA dot reticle so I can do holdovers. Seems to have a few more catchy coatings and stuff on it than the XLT line. Might be somewhat higher quality glass. Hopefully. I don't dislike the XLT on my AR-15, but it is slightly soft from 7-9x with some chromatic aberration. All minimal, but noticeable.

I also have an XLT on my Sako .308. That one DOES seem to have an issue where it doesn't seem to be all the way in focus at longer ranges, but is focused if you dial down the power to 6x or so. It isn't a softness issue, it is a very slight out of focus and I can't dial it out with the diopter adjustment.

I'll probably see about sending it to Bushnell to see how good the lifetime warranty is. I'll admit to having picked that one up used though. For now the XLT from my AR is going on my Sako and the new Engage scope on the AR. The Sako kind of screams for nice glass, but it is my deer rifle and I just don't really have a need to shoot past 200yds with it, so Plain cross hairs are fine. Also the rifle is already pretty light. Eventually I'll get nicer glass for it. Some day.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’d be curious on the 2.5-10.

The 3-9x40 is continuing to treat me well. Only gotten it to the range a couple of times, but it is nice. Reticle is thinner than I’d really want for hunting, but great for target shooting. Very clear optics, especially for the price.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I used a couple Bushnells way back on rifles...wasn't a scope guy really. Clarity was okay but they never failed. I have two Bushnells still on TC Contender barrels set up for Hunters Pistol....from the early 90's. One variable and one fixed power. Both still work great. Had a couple on rifles, no failure with those either. Caveat...I wasn't a hard use rifleman. I do have a Bushnell 10x Mil Dot of more recent vintage on the 700 SPS. Love it.

As an aside, I did buy an NC Star a decade back, being less of a scope guy than I am now. POS is an understatement. Learning curve was straight up on that purchase. When I replaced it with another scope I accidentally dropped the NC scope. I didn't even feel bad about it. Seemed a fitting end.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    sorry to resurrect an old thread but what happened to these? i decided to look into them and can't find them anywhere.

let me clarify, i'm looking for the 4-16x44

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom