• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I shot 50 rounds through the G20 tonight at Machine Gun Nest. It was the only 10 they have to play with. What a beast!! I was grinning from ear to ear. :D

Careful! You’ll get hooked on the 10mm, it’s a great round.

The Hornady 200gr. XTP is the most accurate round that I’ve put through my Glock 20. The Underwood version of that round is very accurate too. The G20 handles everything from light to full power loads without a hitch and as mentioned earlier the bigger grip helps. Buying ammo online or reloading is the best way to go because local shops carry little if any in stock and what they have is expensive.

There’s a wider variety of guns being offered in 10mm now mostly 1911 style but much more diverse than in the past.

An old Hickok45 video on the G20
    https://youtu.be/F7appzqyJgo

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have owned both. The Colt does not have the best chamber support for hot loads when compared to the G20. I have had two blowouts of hot rounds (Swampfox Ammo) in my Delta. I sold it. If you use Winchester Silvertip 175g ammo that is not so overly hot, it's a fine pistol

The Glock will eat anything I fed it.

I still own a G29SF and 3 S&W 3rd gen 10mm pistols. 1076 and 1026 and 1066

I do agree with JBrown the Underwood XTP is one of the best loads available, although I stuck with the 180g variety.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Short Version - I really like 10mm . I really like 1911 . I own a Glock 10mm .

I nearly bought a Delta back in the day, but couldn't quite swing the $$ at the time .

But particularly if you load it up to potential , the strength and durability with hot loads make Glock the standout option for 10mm .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you really want a robust 1911 in 10 mm, check out the Dan Wesson RZ-10. Sig made a nice 10mm as well, but not 1911.

It can shoot anything from weak loads up to the hottest ammo you can find. I had one. Sold for reasons not related to performance

A much better choice than the Delta IMO.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    If you really want a robust 1911 in 10 mm, check out the Dan Wesson RZ-10. Sig made a nice 10mm as well, but not 1911.

It can shoot anything from weak loads up to the hottest ammo you can find. I had one. Sold for reasons not related to performance

A much better choice than the Delta IMO.

Yes, the only 10mm is the P220. I had to dbl check. I like the DA/SA capabilities of the Sig. It comes in a camo and the Legion line.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Delta Elite is just fine for any standard loading for the 10mm. Once you get into hot handloads and a few heavy factory loads (that skirt SAMMI safety specs)...yes...a fully supported chamber is a good idea. Colt and any other gunmakers who supply the standard spec barrel and chamber are not in the business of building and selling unsafe guns. That's why they have disclaimers and warnings in their manuals...you use a super load and blow up your gun it's on you. That's also why some gunmakers and barrel makers sell barrels with fully supported chambers...just for those who want them.

One reason I want a 10mm revolver like I have waiting for me is just this...if I want to shoot a hot load the Ruger Blackhawk should handle it admirably...their super Redhawk even more so but I wanted a single-action.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The ammo I used in my Delta that had two blowouts were within SAAMI specs. Blew up anyway. Luckily no injuries to me

This is why I mentioned alternatives.

I’ve had no issues with my RZ 10 or my SIG.

Never an issue with my S&W 10xx series pistols.

They are tanks

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    The ammo I used in my Delta that had two blowouts were within SAAMI specs. Blew up anyway. Luckily no injuries to me

This is why I mentioned alternatives.

I’ve had no issues with my RZ 10 or my SIG.

Never an issue with my S&W 10xx series pistols.

They are tanks

Yeah I didn’t know about the unsupported ramp (didn’t do my due diligence) when I bought my Delta that has had a lot of custom work done on it (and a price to match). I haven’t ever sold a gun I bought. If I were to sell that one, I wonder if I’d get my money back? I know I’d pretty much get what I paid for my Nightkawks and Guncrafters...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Yeah I didn’t know about the unsupported ramp (didn’t do my due diligence) when I bought my Delta that has had a lot of custom work done on it (and a price to match). I haven’t ever sold a gun I bought. If I were to sell that one, I wonder if I’d get my money back? I know I’d pretty much get what I paid for my Nightkawks and Guncrafters...

Custom guns don't often mean high value on the open market unless the work was done by recognized masters. Customizing is really only important to the person who had it customized...the work done may not be to the tastes of others. It's like custom automobiles...it's very personal. George Barris...brings big money regardless of how bizarre it might be. Joe Blow down the street...no one cares for his work no matter how much money he dumped into it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Custom work to your preferences can be a wonderful thing, and be very much worth it ... to You .

Outside a few well known builders within a particular specialty , the question would be is it worth as much on the open market as stock .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom