• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    MDTCA is about ready to kick off the beginning of its 2018 shooting year. Each year we hold an open house/MG show. This is a real gun show, nothing is for sale, just a show! Its free to attend and open to the public! Come on out and learn more about MGs and see some great MGs that you rarely see in person.

If you are interested in MGs at all, its well worth your time. I have yet to have one person come and complain that they wasted their time! Come just to see or come and learn about the process of buying a MG. Many MDS members will be there displaying their MGs.

WHEN: Saturday, March 24th from 10:30am to 12:30pm in the AGC’s Barnes range house, 11518 Marriottsville Rd, Marriottsville MD 21104

If you are interested in getting MDTCA emails, PM your email address to me.

We will also have a meeting and a shoot later in the day, if you wish to hang around and attend/watch, you are welcome to.

Schedule for the day:
    10:30-12:30 MG Show open to the public
    12:30-1:30 Lunch break
    1:30-2:00 MDTCA Kick Off Meeting
    2:00-600 MDTCA Free Shoot on the 50 yard Range, Qualifications offered during this time as well.

View attachment MDTCA AGC FLYER 2018.pdf

Here are some Virtual tours of the show from 2016, 2015 and 2013:

Last edited:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Even if they were for sale, I could not afford a single thing on the table, and it makes me very sad.

Trust me, few of us have bought in without pain. Instead of buying several guns, we buy one. A lot of us don't have huge collections of tons of guns. I remember talking to a guy in MD who has like 99 Garands. Well... even at $500 each, that is more than a few MGs, however he likely never spent even $1000 on a gun before. Many of us have sold off a considerable amount of gun stuff to buy what we have. That said, few to none regret it.

Either way, its a good way to get to see some of these guns. Come on out and visit us!

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    They qualified me years ago on sub gun and rifle, I have never been able to make one of their shoots,,, would love to operate some of the hardware.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    They qualified me years ago on sub gun and rifle, I have never been able to make one of their shoots,,, would love to operate some of the hardware.

We're having a shoot in the afternoon after the show, including qualification events for those who want to try out.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Trust me, few of us have bought in without pain. Instead of buying several guns, we buy one. A lot of us don't have huge collections of tons of guns. I remember talking to a guy in MD who has like 99 Garands. Well... even at $500 each, that is more than a few MGs, however he likely never spent even $1000 on a gun before. Many of us have sold off a considerable amount of gun stuff to buy what we have. That said, few to none regret it.

Either way, its a good way to get to see some of these guns. Come on out and visit us!

pain is relative. Kids dont need no college, right?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    pain is relative. Kids dont need no college, right?

MGs can always get sold later when the kids are older. Right now that $2.5K M11 is worth on its way to $8k and has been tons of fun for close to a decade. Who knows what the future will bring... on line college is cheap!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I get to bring a new MG this year! It will the be the First Japanese MG at the show!

Now I just have to figure out what configuration to being the M16 in... Shrike, 14.5" setup, 11.5" with NV, AR47, XM16E1, 9mm Shorty....

New M11 upper with Tungsten bolt.

Only the Maxim are the same.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    What are the rules/price/ etc for the shoot after? Is it public?

Also: March 24 is a saturday, not sunday as it says in op!

Yes it's on Saturday 3/24.

Usually the shoots are open to all who have passed the qualification, owners or not, members or not. No charge, just BYOA (bring your own ammo). Be reasonable, of course, e.g. don't expect to dump a 250 round belt in one swell foop unless you own the gun. Excessive wear, dontcha know.

I've been told we'll be doing qualifications, as well, so BYOA if you want to try to qualify. There used to be separate qualifications for pistol caliber and rifle caliber, but I'm not up to date on that.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    What are the rules/price/ etc for the shoot after? Is it public?

Also: March 24 is a saturday, not sunday as it says in op!

Yes, thanks! Fixed for Saturday.

The shoot is for MDTCA members/FA Qualified AGC members. That said, its open for the public to watch and learn, membership is not required. You need to qualify before you can shoot at the AGC and we will be doing qualifications during this time. We are not a rental facility where you can bring money and rent a MG. All guns are privately owned and no rentals are available. That said, most are willing to let you shoot a few rounds to get the feel once you qualify. We are a club, not a business. The benefit being that we make it cheap to shoot your gun. That said, you must have or borrow a gun. However if you are interested in seeing a lot of MGs shooting to see what is out there or looking to get into MGs, this is ideal for you.

How many of you have always been interested and just see it as a huge step? Well this is perfect for you. Come learn from those that have taken that step and see how much you are missing. MGs are not for everyone but for many this is the pinnacle of gun collecting! If you are a serious shooter or collector, don't miss this chance! Come on by and see us on 3/24.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I have 4 suppressor in transfer right now. I doubt any will come free before the Show...

I have a Silencerco Omega, Spectre II and Osprey 9mm along with a Gemtech MK9K coming!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I wish it wasn't on the same day that I plan on heading to the big Philly gun show March extravaganza. It's a 2,000 table event. Argh.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I wish it wasn't on the same day that I plan on heading to the big Philly gun show March extravaganza. It's a 2,000 table event. Argh.

Thats a Friday, Sat and Sunday show. We are only on Sat morning. Still gives you all Friday, Afternoon Sat and all Sunday to be up there! :)

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I'll be there that day anyway helping with some work for action shooting so I'll definitely swing by. always wanted to go to this but never could make it. If possible I'd love to bring some ammo and qualify/try a few. Either way looks awesome!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'll be there that day anyway helping with some work for action shooting so I'll definitely swing by. always wanted to go to this but never could make it. If possible I'd love to bring some ammo and qualify/try a few. Either way looks awesome!

If you would like to email me at phiteshe@vt.edu I will get you in touch with our qualification coordinator and get you set up to do so.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Thats a Friday, Sat and Sunday show. We are only on Sat morning. Still gives you all Friday, Afternoon Sat and all Sunday to be up there! :)

Yeah, I know, but between work on Friday, and Sunday being taken for the folks anniversary, Saturday is my only window of opportunity. So conflicted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom