DPMS Oracle .308, $612 Shipped (After Rebate)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Wanted to update everyone that the Magpul MOE furniture kit made all of the difference in the world on this rifle, both visually and comfort wise. Got the grip, handguard and stock for $68 and it was worth every penny. I can also confirm that the handguard goes on without any modification needed (the grip was actually more of a pain to install than the handguard), though it is very close to hugging that heavy profile barrel.

On that note, not sure I understand why the barrel is so heavy under the handguard - they could have knocked off some serious weight had they used the same profile forward of the gas block.

Only thing I've noticed so far is that the gun is hard to charge - way harder than any of my 5.56 ARs. Hoping that will loosen up with use/round count.

All in all, I'm VERY satisfied with the purchase. Including the furniture and 2 extra mags, I'm right at $700 total for a decent quality/rep .308 AR.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Has anyone received their rebate yet? I just checked status and this is the message I see:

Your submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by August 9, 2017. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-888-859-6995. Thank you.

I'm a bit concerned about their terminology. Maybe they just keep it generic but the fact that it just says "response" instead of "rebate" makes me think that it may be some of kind of denial.

If I dont receive anything by Friday, I'll give them a call to ask.

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    My message is exactly the same except for the date, which is August 2nd. I also thought the wording of the message was strange.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I received my "sorry you purchased too early" letter which I thought I would but still thought it was worth a stamp to try. I got it last week, just don't remember what day it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Heads up to all of you who purchased these DPMS guns. I ordered three of them and haven't had an opportunity to do anything with them until now.

First one was getting a free float handguard, the barrel nut was only hand tight. Not near the required torque spec, literally fumbling around just trying to get the wrench lined up right and it started spinning.

Second rifle, same story but with the muzzle device. Barrel nut was torqued properly. First rifle the gas tube pin in the gas block was peened. This rifle it wasn't.

Haven't looked at the third one yet. You may want to give yours a once over if you haven't already.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Heads up to all of you who purchased these DPMS guns. I ordered three of them and haven't had an opportunity to do anything with them until now.

First one was getting a free float handguard, the barrel nut was only hand tight. Not near the required torque spec, literally fumbling around just trying to get the wrench lined up right and it started spinning.

Second rifle, same story but with the muzzle device. Barrel nut was torqued properly. First rifle the gas tube pin in the gas block was peened. This rifle it wasn't.

Haven't looked at the third one yet. You may want to give yours a once over if you haven't already.
    Thanks for the tip. Just picked up a DPMS SASS and mounted my glass today. Gonna take it out for a spin next weekend, but after reading your post I think I’ll give everything a quick check beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom