• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Really good exchange between Howard Stern and his clueless sheep producer "ba ba booey". Love the walking dead tie-in!

Recent Rasmussen polling says more people now feel safer in a neighborhood with guns than without. Also for first time in years the majority is against an AWB.

Our political prospects for 2016 and the SCOTUS have been worrying me but perhaps more people are starting to get 2A than politicians' rhetoric would have you believe.

Some NSFW language.

[edit- the nat'l background check "in a store" already exists so I'll give a pass on that]

Last edited:

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I listened to Howard for years. He's flip flopped on this over the years. He is a gun owner. I know he has supported assault weapon bans as recently as two years ago he's also a "carry permit for me since I'm important guy."
    I enjoyed his humor for years but I'm not buying this new attitude. Support 2A fully attitude. This clip does show the weird mind of an anti pretty well though.

Baba Booey! Fcuck Jakie!

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I listened to Howard for years. He's flip flopped on this over the years. He is a gun owner. I know he has supported assault weapon bans as recently as two years ago he's also a "carry permit for me since I'm important guy."
    I enjoyed his humor for years but I'm not buying this new attitude. Support 2A fully attitude. This clip does show the weird mind of an anti pretty well though.

Baba Booey! Fcuck Jakie!

I have no illusion that he grasps all the concepts (back door registration, tyrannical govt, etc) but on what was debated, he really stumped the Booey! And even Robyn concurred!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Gary is a typical brainwashed liberal moron we see on a daily basis.

At least Howard can think for himself on occasion.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I've always liked Howard. Most don't and I get it, but I do.
    :thumbsup:

Like him or hate him, it doesn't matter, but he is probably the best interviewer of anyone that you want to know anything about. Neil Young, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney to name a few that I can think of in the recent past.
    I listen to him frequently and he is really the only reason I keep a subscription to SiriusXM. The show has transformed into a more gentle show as he has aged, but it is still edgy.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    :thumbsup:

Like him or hate him, it doesn't matter, but he is probably the best interviewer of anyone that you want to know anything about. Neil Young, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney to name a few that I can think of in the recent past.
    I listen to him frequently and he is really the only reason I keep a subscription to SiriusXM. The show has transformed into a more gentle show as he has aged, but it is still edgy.

This.

If he wants to he can really interview. Some of his stick is 'edgy' but every once in a while he really hits it out of the park. I listened to him off and on over the years, mostly off now.

I'll listen to his discussion with ba ba booy later. Thanks for posting this.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Howard is one of the few privileged enough to have a carry permit in NYC (along with the Donald and DeNiro), but I don't hold that against him. I've always liked his interviews and anyone wanting to learn how to ask questions should watch his methods.

There was an episode of America's Got Talent a while back where one of the contestants put on an Annie Oakley-like pistol show. He was the only judge who defended and voted for it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just listened, Howard's right.

There are already 100% background checks for anyone who walks into a gunshop and tries to buy a gun; I'm not sure Howard knows this.

Anchoring the argument around the person being law abiding is the right place to start. The antis have been trying to portray gun owners in general in a negative light; best example is Brian Frost using the term 'gun nuts'.

This audio clip is excellent for stern fans because they know best where Howard is coming from. A lot of 'liberals' in general would benefit by listening to this.

Even my most ardent 'liberal' associates own guns and completely understand they are necessary for protection. Thankfully the ones I associate/work with are few, and they don't want any more infringement on anyone's right to own or use a gun.

Great find OP. This is the perfect thread to post another clip of Howard Stern speaking about self defense, 2A, or forearms, etc.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    always liked howard.

His opinions aren't always my own, but that's what this country is all about, right?

As long as your opinion isn't:
    "I think you should be castrated literally or metaphorically for my real or imagined benefit"

Then we're Kool and the gang

Feb 28, 2013
    always liked howard.

His opinions aren't always my own, but that's what this country is all about, right?

As long as your opinion isn't:
    "I think you should be castrated literally or metaphorically for my real or imagined benefit"

Then we're Kool and the gang

How about if their opinion is "I demand the right to examine every gun in your home and confiscate any gun which I deem looks too much like a military issue "military style assault weapon"?:innocent0

In that case, leave the mags outta yer EBRs. Libs might not recognize 'em thataway. :lol2:

Major03

Ultimate Member
    This is a great example of how the anti crowd has re-framed the discussion. Gun owners have been painted as crazed and no better than criminals. They have the masses now believing that we must be proactively stopped from committing atrocities.

Great job by Howard by sticking to the "so what" argument in response to every situation of "well, that seems excessive" argument.

This mindset isn't just limited to guns either. Freedom is ever shrinking.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Been listening to Howard on and off for the past 30-something years.

Don't agree with all of his politics, but this is classic!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    "Elitist" to some means they don't agree with how much someone has earned or how.

He's literally a genius, he changed radio, fought the FCC, changed the entire paradigm. The last 4 years have been loaded with good interviews. He's dead on with this, Robin is full of shit and will agree with whatever he says.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    He is usually spot on, just like Adam Corolla. I like them both albeit not having listened to them in quite awhile. When Howard was going to run for Mayor of NYC (however serious or not it was) said one of the smartest things ever. He said if elected, he would make all the street construction work be done at night so it doesn't tie up morning traffic as much.
    Like him or not, he is an intelligent guy.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    "Elitist" to some means they don't agree with how much someone has earned or how.

He's literally a genius, he changed radio, fought the FCC, changed the entire paradigm. The last 4 years have been loaded with good interviews. He's dead on with this, Robin is full of shit and will agree with whatever he says.

He's one of the best interviewers I've heard. He really gets people to open up, and does not step on them every other second like many interviewers.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    I've been a huge fan of Howard since the late 90's (when I was a teenager). I followed him to Sirius and had a subscription for a few years. When finances wouldnt allow for a subscription, I lost track of the Howard universe until last year when I got a new car. With an hour long drive each way, I definitely appreciate having Howard back :)

I know that he has been a gun owner for a long time. I remember him talking about having a carry permit and carrying a Seecamp .32.

It's interesting because I've noticed him bringing up the subject of guns a few times in the past few months - always positively. He was criticizing the New York gun laws limiting the type of guns he could buy and magazine capacity. You can tell that he is "learning" because he always talks about makes/models and calibers whenever the subject comes up (usually talking about shows/moves).

He doesnt seem to want to dedicate a lot of time to it on the show. I've noticed that he generally doesnt dedicate a lot of time to serious/political discussions. I was waiting for something like this to happen because I had a feeling that he was bottling up his thoughts on firearms.

I'm wondering if his (relatively recent) Florida residence plays a part in that. Getting out of New York has to be a bit eye opening. He always talks about how he loves it there.

Him and David Spade (who he is friends with) spoke about guns shortly in a recent interview. That's when I learned that Spade was also pro-gun. His stepfather got him into them as a child. I actually think he bought an AZ PD all new AR-15s because they didn't have the funding for it themselves.

In the same conversation where Howard was criticizing NY, Robin spoke up and said that for all of her liberal views, she does not agree with gun control. I was shocked when she starting discussing how gun control only limits the law abiding because criminals dont obey the law.

Who knows, maybe the tide is turning in our favor even with the "elite"... :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom