• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As in check cashed or CC charged? Is it usually promptly? Somewhere closer to when the stamp is approved/issued? Or right at the end?

Just curious to know what to expect. does it make a difference if mailing everything in versus using a Silencer Shop kiosk to do it all?

Thanks!

PS partly want to know finance wise if I ma paying for the suppressor and in a few months $200 is going to disappear from my bank account or get charged to my CC

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’ve done five and it varies slightly but I think all we’re cashed/charged the first two weeks. I think it somewhat depends upon how you’re filing. If your sending via mail with a check obviously it’s more like two weeks. CC and e-file more like a week. Been a few years since I’ve done one though so I’m sure someone else can give more up to date information.
    It’s not at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    No one considers “The Wait” even started until the check is cashed. If that’s what you’re asking.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Just wondering if I submit my paperwork if I get charged in days, like they do with my FFL-03, or if it is weeks/months before I get charged.

Sounds like it is within days and then I wait months for it to be approved.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The SS will submit F4's and checks in batches. So it may be a few weeks until it is actually submitted. Once they update the order, it will ahem the date the payment processed. Consider that the start time. Then forget about it for a while....

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    The SS will submit F4's and checks in batches. So it may be a few weeks until it is actually submitted. Once they update the order, it will ahem the date the payment processed. Consider that the start time. Then forget about it for a while....

Thankfully mine from SS have been cashed in about a week and a half. I’ve heard of other people not being cashed for a month. That’s a kick in the balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom