• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Having your own place is a great feeling.

The guy I hunt with l, used to lease from, doesn’t charge any more, is awesome. Let’s us do pretty much anything.

But our place in Georgia is just awesome. Work has kept us away for a good while, but it’s ours. At some point, we hope to get back there. In the mean time, we lease out just to break even on taxes. And visit every couple years to hunt.

Enjoy your new place!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I 79. Exit 139 About 8 miles from 133 Bunner Ridge Rd, Fairmont, WV 26554 That is ATR, https://www.atrperformance.net/ Which is a Gun store, an indoor gun range and ATV Accessory Place.. You can see it from I79. Gotta love, Free America!!

Know it well. I'm from Charleston originally. spent 18 years there, then 3 up in NY for culinary school, then another 3 in Slatyfork/Snowshoe. Brother-in-law's folks lived in Bridgeport and Charleston (WV state legislature and exec branch jobs) and I drove the heck out of I-79 going back and forth from college. Still drive it plenty to go see my folks more than a few times each year, and again when we do our Appalachia Service Project trips.

Muriel's is the best damned Italian food you'll find this side of the Atlantic BTW, so make sure to stop in and eat. Lots of history up your way. Monongah Mine Disaster, the Hammond Firebrick town ruins, all kinds of neat hidden stuff up there. Enjoy! The folks in West-By-God are a sight nicer than most you'll find in MD.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Congratulations! I've been looking in WV and also have a 3 hour drive limit. Unfortunately Fairmont is 4.5 hours away.
    I had 75 acres in Gilmore Co., which is 8 hours from my home in Harford County. It got too much for me so I sold it a few years ago.
    I find that most realtors don't want to bother with people looking for land.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    That's fantastic!
    Fairmont is a bit over an hour away from me. Depending on where you are coming from, you may want to look at corridor H as a way to get there, it might shave some time off of your drive and is much more relaxing and beautiful to drive than 79 and 68.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom