• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Apparently while this home was at the docks waiting to be loaded on the barge quite a few locals gathered every day to witness the goings on. At least that is what I was told by one of the locals who spent time there.

And the Daily Mail did a report on this as well as video https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-mansion-built-1760-moved-50-miles-BARGE.html

I kinda think if this guy bought 20 acres within a mile of Rt 50 in Easton, in 10 or 20 years he will make back all of his investment and then some.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I debated with myself about putting this in the Water Cooler, but thought with all the road closures it ought to go here. Guy is moving a historic home from Easton to Queenstown...what could go wrong.

http://www.wboc.com/story/41024074/...e-transported-to-queenstown-impacting-traffic

Interesting, but WOW

So, millions of people need to be inconvenienced for this morons multi million dollar vanity project? Are any of the commuters getting some sort of rebate for all the extra gas and time (and tolls)?

Wasn't any inconvenience at all.

So it’s all for “the Eastern Shore”... big deal, is he going to have paid tours?

WOW

I am wondering what he's doing putting that on a barge in the bay during hurricane season. Might just as well paint cross hairs on it.

Yea cause they aren't smart enough to tell wether or not a hurricane is coming.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Houseboat heading down the Tred Avon

Attachments

• 20190925_132855.jpg
      20190925_132855.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 144

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads