Quick question, do you have to inform you are carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The OP asked the original question and it was correctly answered in the second post. How the thread continued is amazing.....

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The OP asked the original question and it was correctly answered in the second post. How the thread continued is amazing.....
    We did not even get to the correct anwser for DC (and this is in the DC section) until a lot of posts later.
    And respectfully an OP doesn't "own" a thread. Lots of people chimed in with their experience with cops reactions, which is good and important data.
    That is a word for it.
    A phase or two, actually: eg, clarifying incomplete or incorrect answers

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I’d like to know who his or her DC CCL Instructor was?

You and I share the same concern with the plethora of incorrect answers on this DC forum, starting with the second post, which was wrong.

And as far as DC instructors, I see we have gone from about ten instructors when I took the course about 18 months ago, to over 60 today.

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012

the plethora of incorrect answers on this DC forum, starting with the second post, which was wrong.

THis was the 2nd post:

"Not a lawyer but be advised that different states have different requirements on this. So this depends on where the stop happens."

I guess this is an answer, but didn't really answer my question, as I had to still go find the answer for DC.

I wouldn't say it was a wrong answer. Its a rather neutral answer.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    THis was the 2nd post:

"Not a lawyer but be advised that different states have different requirements on this. So this depends on where the stop happens."

I guess this is an answer, but didn't really answer my question, as I had to still go find the answer for DC.

I wouldn't say it was a wrong answer. Its a rather neutral answer.

This is why, FOR ME, the correct answer is I will always inform. I will NOT carry where not allowed, so I cant, IN MY OPINION, go wrong by informing. IF I MISTAKENLY carry where not allowed, I'd rather it not be discovered by LEO.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    THis was the 2nd post:

yeah this is the DC specific subforum it was asked in and that was not the correct answer for DC, which has specific and unambiguous language on informing requirements.

The weird attempt to shut down better and correct answers from people with more expertise because the second poster didn't know the answer was strange.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    yeah this is the DC specific subforum it was asked in and that was not the correct answer for DC, which has specific and unambiguous language on informing requirements.

The weird attempt to shut down better and correct answers from people with more expertise because the second poster didn't know the answer was strange.
    True, but many posters don't know what forum the thread is in they're replying to.

Many post an answer, or reply to an OP, without reading any other posts, and what they write may well have been said a few minutes earlier, or even days, but is the post right before their post.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Many ( most ?) people use the " New Posts " button to keep current with MDS . In this mode the thread title is displayed, but Not the sub forum .

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Many ( most ?) people use the " New Posts " button to keep current with MDS . In this mode the thread title is displayed, but Not the sub forum .

oh I don't have a problem with people who gave the wrong answer not knowing what subform they were on.

But rather with the the snarky, rude, and incorrect claim hat it had been already answered in the second post, directed at people who did give the correct answer.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'm just surprised that no one has said that anyone carrying a gun has the responsibility for knowing the laws of the jurisdiction of which they're carrying in, preferably BEFORE they carry in it. There's plenty of online sites devoted to that subject exclusively.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I'm just surprised that no one has said that anyone carrying a gun has the responsibility for knowing the laws of the jurisdiction of which they're carrying in, preferably BEFORE they carry in it. There's plenty of online sites devoted to that subject exclusively.

And that if you are asking the question you already have your DC CCW and didn't get this information in your training!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom