• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...egistration Application(Rev0613)_fillable.pdf

Form asks No. Of Shots... don't put 13....
    Don't take a greater than 10 round mag into DC
    747b99523107de4a1385e66b5d693017.jpg

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    2. You can take the classes and qualify after the initial app, DC will send you a letter giving you 45 days to take the required classes and qualify. So the true answer is before or after.

Technically true, this was a holdover from when they were May Issue so that one didn't waste $$ on training if not going to be approved.

So, let's say I've got a G23. Bought in MD with 10-round mags, but of course also have some 13's for it, which wouldn't ride along to DC. Are they just interested in not busting you with a >10 mag, or will they only allow registration of pistols that max out at 10?

And, as any annoying (because, I must be getting annoying, here) follow up thought: what happens when you buy another piece a year later and want to modify your list of registered items? I presume there's an only slightly miserable way to do that? Thx

I believe a G23 with a 10 round mag would be GTG but IANAL.

Anytime you want to carry an additional firearm you need to register it and get another card just like the first time. A quick trip to MPD HQ, not terrible.

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    The DC law states, that you cannot have more magazines than to load your firearm twice, no more than 20 rounds, this means, you can have higher capacity magazines, but you can only have 20 rounds on your person. This could be 12 and 8,
    15 and 5, or 10 and 10, either way, no more than 20.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah , no . No more than 10rd Magazines And only one reload And no more than 20rds .

What with the first two , not always possible to get up to 20 .

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Has anyone sent Frosh (or Hogan) a list of all the people killed or shot by law-abiding DC permit holders? Or all the "blood in the streets" from all these guns being carried by law abiding citizens?
    On the opposite side, has anyone asked Frosh or Hogan how many law abiding citizens (designated victims) have been shot by criminals in possession of illegal handguns in that same period of time?
    Of course it won't matter to either one of them, but it never hurts to shove it in their faces every now and then.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The DC law states, that you cannot have more magazines than to load your firearm twice, no more than 20 rounds, this means, you can have higher capacity magazines, but you can only have 20 rounds on your person. This could be 12 and 8,
    15 and 5, or 10 and 10, either way, no more than 20.

Wrong answer. No offense.

Ah , no . No more than 10rd Magazines And only one reload And no more than 20rds .

What with the first two , not always possible to get up to 20 .

Correct answer.

And remember that if you carry a 10 rounder with one in the pipe the reload must be backed down one.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    No need to go to DC for additional Gun Registration Cards, send the form and 13 dollar check made out to the DC Treasurer, mail to MPDC, permit registration office and they will mail it to you.
    (The form says "hand carried" but that is not required.)

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    24-2343. Ammunition Carried by Licensee. 2343.1 A person issued a concealed carry license by the Chief, while carrying the pistol, shall not carry more ammunition than is required to fully load the pistol twice, and in no event shall that amount be greater than twenty (20) rounds of ammunition
    RIGHT ANSWER

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The language of the reg would make me believe you can carry a pistol that would carry more than 10 rounds, as long as you use a legal 10 round mag, making the gun “fully loaded” with 10 round mags.

The key phrase IMO is “fully load”

ETA changed to agree with Stovemans post

IANAL

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    I stand corrected, high capacity mags, more than 10 are prohibited.
    When I am mistaken, I will be the first to admit it.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    OK, any DC law and range qualification instructors recommended by the hive?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    In the case of a G23 or a more than a 10 round pistol, I suppose if all you carried were 10 round mags, it would be considered fully loaded.

So I think Stoveman is correct. If you carry 10 round mags the gun is fully loaded if used with a 10 round mag.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    In the case of a G23 or a more than a 10 round pistol, I suppose if all you carried were 10 round mags, it would be considered fully loaded.

So I think Stoveman is correct. If you carry 10 round mags the gun is fully loaded if used with a 10 round mag.

Yes.

Possession of any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is illegal in DC. It doesn't matter whether it's for concealed carry or registration/ownership. Fully loaded in DC's mindset does not exceed 10 + 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom