• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Sad. Teenage boys do a lot of foolish things. Unfortunately this one lost his life doing it. Sad.

When I was 12 I lost a friend who dove into a pond, hit his head on a rock snapping his neck and killing him.

When I was 13 a classmate killed himself when he committed suicide by putting the muzzle of a shotgun into his mouth and pulling the trigger.

During high school several people died when thrown from the bed of trucks.

People make choices every day that affects the rest of their lives, some have short lives after their decisions and some have long lives after their decisions.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    Hard lesson learned for the kids that were watching when it happened. Things like this can't always be blamed on the parents, though. Plenty of us have done things we know better than to have done and are blessed to still be here. Sad that it ended this way.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Unfortunately, the simplest and easiest message for most people to convey and take away from this is, "Guns are bad."

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    A damned shame. I'd venture there are more than a few of us out there who did some spectacularly stupid shit as teenagers and are lucky to be around today. Unfortunately, that was the last mistake that kid got to made.

I remember sitting around shooting the sh|t one day at work with one of my contemporaries about stupid stuff we did has kids. A guy about 10 years our junior was listening with his eyes bugged out in disbelief.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I remember sitting around shooting the sh|t one day at work with one of my contemporaries about stupid stuff we did has kids. A guy about 10 years our junior was listening with his eyes bugged out in disbelief.

Been there done that, had the same reaction. Got the scars to prove it. I look back now and think how the hell did we make into our 50's.....

May 19, 2016
    Unknown unknowns..

Holy crap that sucks. Bad parenting. I didn't read anything in the article about a father...

His father was present in the accompanying news story. There are things you may prepare for that you are aware of. Since the gun was not the parents' possession, they may not have thought of the need of gun safety. There are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns.

The kid knew he was wrong, and that's why he locked his door. As others have said, the stupid stuff we have managed to survive doing when we were younger may shock people. I'm sure many people have died trying to look cool in front of their friends or to impress a woman.

It does make me wonder, what if the BATFE was an educational agency? If it was focused on firearms safety and kids get knowledge like Mr. Yuck and Smokey the Bear, there would be a lot fewer accidents.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    His father was present in the accompanying news story. There are things you may prepare for that you are aware of. Since the gun was not the parents' possession, they may not have thought of the need of gun safety. There are known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns.

The kid knew he was wrong, and that's why he locked his door. As others have said, the stupid stuff we have managed to survive doing when we were younger may shock people. I'm sure many people have died trying to look cool in front of their friends or to impress a woman.

It does make me wonder, what if the BATFE was an educational agency? If it was focused on firearms safety and kids get knowledge like Mr. Yuck and Smokey the Bear, there would be a lot fewer accidents.

I agree. Everyone wants to teach these kids about safe sex, responsible driving, drugs and drinking etc. firearms should be not so taboo topic in either. It's another tool, but Hollywood and the music industry has glamorized firearms so young people see their use in a fictional setting and that's all they know. Hold the gun sideways, put in your dip and it makes you look cool.

May 19, 2016
    I agree. Everyone wants to teach these kids about safe sex, responsible driving, drugs and drinking etc. firearms should be not so taboo topic in either. It's another tool, but Hollywood and the music industry has glamorized firearms so young people see their use in a fictional setting and that's all they know. Hold the gun sideways, put in your dip and it makes you look cool.

You're right. I mean, I've never been on fire, but I know I should stop, drop, and roll. I was watching NRA TV the other day and a commentator was talking about about the group "Moms Demand Action for Gun Safety" (in quotes because that's what they call themselves, not what they advocate), and their only open position was for background checks. Not for any real safety measures at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom