• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It really faded away. Some folks started using them but very shortly a few members who always started new threads about gun shows bad mouthed it and the concept of typing in "Next York gun show" in a search never had a chance.

Few people like to add to a thread, they'd rather start a new one. For those independent types I just recommend

http://www.gunshows-usa.com
    I commend you for taking the negative comments so graciously back then! Never fear trying something new. :thumbsup:

I think I am waiting for Chantilly in November so good luck at the show everyone and post some feedback.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I went up today with a buddy of mine. I thought it was a good show and we got a few items. I was interested in a Inland M1 carbine that I seen and at first the dealer said he would sell it to me(me being a Marylander) but not with the mag(15 rounder) which kinda set me off and I walked away. Well I cooled down a bit and went back and now he said he couldn’t sell it to me at all as it was a banned long gun in Maryland. I argued that it wasn’t but that went nowhere and I walked away for the last time. He even went as far a saying he asked SCSG(he didn’t say who there he asked) and they confirmed it was a banned long gun! Now I didn’t confront anyone at SCSG but I would hope they didn’t say it was banned because as far as I know it isn’t and I would think they would know this. I’ve seen them for sale at Maryland gun shows before and as a raffle prize also. Over all the show was busy and the isles small and hard to navigate.

BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I went up today with a buddy of mine. I thought it was a good show and we got a few items. I was interested in a Inland M1 carbine that I seen and at first the dealer said he would sell it to me(me being a Marylander) but not with the mag(15 rounder) which kinda set me off and I walked away. Well I cooled down a bit and went back and now he said he couldn’t sell it to me at all as it was a banned long gun in Maryland. I argued that it wasn’t but that went nowhere and I walked away for the last time. He even went as far a saying he asked SCSG(he didn’t say who there he asked) and they confirmed it was a banned long gun! Now I didn’t confront anyone at SCSG but I would hope they didn’t say it was banned because as far as I know it isn’t and I would think they would know this. I’ve seen them for sale at Maryland gun shows before and as a raffle prize also. Over all the show was busy and the isles small and hard to navigate.

^^^^^

Not likely they gave this advice....I've bought one from them.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    He was feeding you a line of ********, I know M1 carbines are legal and no one asked me about them at the show yesterday.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    He was feeding you a line of ********, I know M1 carbines are legal and no one asked me about them at the show yesterday.

Thanks and I didn’t think he asked you but I was tried of arguing with so I just walked away. I’ve purchased from you before and and always was very pleased with your knowledge of guns and the laws. Hope you have a great weekend up there!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    You could have brought up the list on the MSP website (assuming you have a smartphone) and proved the M1 Carbine has the official okey-dokey from Maryland.

I was at the show...lots of good stuff but I thought prices were a bit high...at least on the stuff that interests me.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I have had this problem before at out of State Gun Shows. It pissed me off at first but I do not blame the FFL's. Maryland's stupid laws. If I was a FFL I would not risk my business to make a few bucks on one sale.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Prices were - gun show prices.

As an extreme example I bought a Hatfield single shot 410 at Walmart for $100 a couple of months ago. That was regular price. I saw two of them at the show with $200 hang tags. As far as i know you can still walk into Walmart today and get one for $100.

Python prices were an eye popper.

I saw some good prices too. But nothing that was too good to pass up.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Python prices are down compared to a couple of years ago. That still doesn't mean today's asking prices are reasonable...just not as unreasonable.

I'm glad I bought my Pythons years ago when they were still in production.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I was happy to get a bunch of 9mm HSTs from the ammo guy in the lobby, $20 for 50rd LEO packaging, and it was going fast. It's my carry ammo, and I'm already invested in it being I shoot my carry ammo, and ran a couple hundred through my carry guns before trusting my life to them. Seems recently Federal sent letters to their distributors to require LEO credentials from customers to sell the 50RD LEO packaged boxes, money grab, ammo shortage, big new contract, who knows, maybe all of the above. Obviously the inflated $1+ per rd price on the 20rd muggle packaging isn't affected, but everyone online hiked prices overnight for the LEO boxes to $30 a box, or are requiring LEO credentials.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    You could have brought up the list on the MSP website (assuming you have a smartphone) and proved the M1 Carbine has the official okey-dokey from Maryland.

I was at the show...lots of good stuff but I thought prices were a bit high...at least on the stuff that interests me.

I don’t think that would’ve worked as one of the women working the table looked it up on her phone and said it was banned! Like I said, I really don’t think he wanted to sell to a Maryland resident.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was happy to get a bunch of 9mm HSTs from the ammo guy in the lobby, $20 for 50rd LEO packaging, and it was going fast. It's my carry ammo, and I'm already invested in it being I shoot my carry ammo, and ran a couple hundred through my carry guns before trusting my life to them. Seems recently Federal sent letters to their distributors to require LEO credentials from customers to sell the 50RD LEO packaged boxes, money grab, ammo shortage, big new contract, who knows, maybe all of the above. Obviously the inflated $1+ per rd price on the 20rd muggle packaging isn't affected, but everyone online hiked prices overnight for the LEO boxes to $30 a box, or are requiring LEO credentials.

Someone posted a link to a place that was still selling them in the 50 packs for 21 something with free shipping on 10 boxes. SO you got a great deal on them. I would have bought a case if I was there. But alas, life go in the way once more and kept me from going to yet another show. If I didn't have a flight this afternoon, I would be there.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I don’t think that would’ve worked as one of the women working the table looked it up on her phone and said it was banned! Like I said, I really don’t think he wanted to sell to a Maryland resident.
    Probably saw M1A on the list and didn't know the difference

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Probably saw M1A on the list and didn't know the difference

BINGO!!!
    I would think that would be a distinct possibility.

I went today about noon. not crowded at all. picked up a nice all #'s matching Swede M96 that was listed at $400, seller dropped down to $380. . Guy threw in a non-matching bayo he was selling for $50 into the deal for $380 OTD. Bore looks very good, just waiting to shoot her.
    Not a bad show,

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    BINGO!!!
    I would think that would be a distinct possibility.

I went today about noon. not crowded at all. picked up a nice all #'s matching Swede M96 that was listed at $400, seller dropped down to $380. . Guy threw in a non-matching bayo he was selling for $50 into the deal for $380 OTD. Bore looks very good, just waiting to shoot her.
    Not a bad show,
    Your welcome for the deal

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Python prices are down compared to a couple of years ago. That still doesn't mean today's asking prices are reasonable...just not as unreasonable.

I'm glad I bought my Pythons years ago when they were still in production.

Crazy speculation on Pythons over the last 5 yrs drove prices to stupid levels. Enough that it pulled up other Colt snakes as well. Granted they're in high demand but you knew that market had to cool down at some point. I missed the H&K P7 boat and have been watching the same speculation going on with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom