• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    One or the other to replace wife’s CCW. Almost always purse carry ( yes, i know). Has carried G43 for past 4 years, and would like the extra capacity. Intrigued by the 365, but she is a fan of the glock. I like the grip size on the 43x, but its for her and she has large hands. What do you think. Both great guns assuming a recent made 365. Any market for used 43 with glock nite sights?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    P365 has yet to be matched let alone surpassed by any pocket rocket 9. 500 rounds through mine. NOV manufacture date. Fires almost as well as a full frame gun and definitely no wrist or palm discomfort after firing 100s of rounds.

Magazines are hard to load and require a maglula or similar device. I carry it concealed everyday in either a stealthgear USA appendix IWB at 4 oclock or a comfort belly band holster, depending on the pants I put on.

I carry with the 12 round mag vs the 10 as I don't see any issue with printing adding a half inch to the butt if thr gun. Disappears throughout the day.

Trigger is a significant improvement above the standard glock trigger. X Ray Sights are decent but I'm switching out with the XS F8 slights as I like a blacked out rear.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    The P365 is a great pistol and extra capacity is key - I switched from my XDs to it. However, the most important thing is that your wife is comfortable with it. Best thing to do is have her try it out. I know various Md ranges have the P365 for rent. I’m also a bit biased as I am not a big glock fan (Nor a sig fan boy either). I just shoot what feels comfortable.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    The 365 is practically the same size as the 43 so if it fits her hand well then the 365 should fit ok and not take up any extra room when carried. The 43x is around 3/4" taller for no additional capacity. Since they don't make larger capacity mags for the 43x I'd suggest the 365 with a free America trip to pick up 12 round mags.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I carry a 365 daily. I can’t make a judgement on the grip issue as all I know it is comfy in mine. 400+ rounds an no issues with any type of ammo. Felt recoil is light for a full size 9. It conceals well.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ahhhh the old grass is greener debate.

I’ve extensively trained on glock. I know it’s not the end all be all but it works and it’s what i know. Your wife has carried it for 4 years? What’s she or you going to do when the next shiny thing comes along?

Glock/M&P/Sig/New mossy yeah yeah yeah. She runs a Glock, she’s comfortable with Glock, she shoots a Glock well? Stick with the Glock.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ahhhh the old grass is greener debate.

I’ve extensively trained on glock. I know it’s not the end all be all but it works and it’s what i know. Your wife has carried it for 4 years? What’s she or you going to do when the next shiny thing comes along?

Glock/M&P/Sig/New mossy yeah yeah yeah. She runs a Glock, she’s comfortable with Glock, she shoots a Glock well? Stick with the Glock.

Valid point IMO. I honestly want to like the P365 myself but just don't see myself replacing the G33 with one.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    One or the other to replace wife’s CCW. Almost always purse carry ( yes, i know). Has carried G43 for past 4 years, and would like the extra capacity. Intrigued by the 365, but she is a fan of the glock. I like the grip size on the 43x, but its for her and she has large hands. What do you think. Both great guns assuming a recent made 365. Any market for used 43 with glock nite sights?

The 365 feels to me like somewhere in between a 42 and 43 but felt recoil is a bit more than the 43. Magazine size is impressive on the 365.

I’m actually looking for a used 43 to turn into a 43C if the price is right, also willing to trade for ammo ;)

You need to find a better alternative to purse carry though.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Purse may not be ideal but there are debates i will win and those i will lose. Better on hand than inthe safe. No investment in holsters to speak of, other than kydex trigger guards and a rarely used galco shoulder holster that would prob fit a 43x. Any concerns about the 43x newness and it having nits and bugs?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Purse may not be ideal but there are debates i will win and those i will lose. Better on hand than inthe safe. No investment in holsters to speak of, other than kydex trigger guards and a rarely used galco shoulder holster that would prob fit a 43x. Any concerns about the 43x newness and it having nits and bugs?

I’m pretty active on GlockTalk and haven’t heard anything negative about the 43X/48. There is even talk of a higher capacity aftermarket magazine coming out for it but I’d want to run a ton of rounds through it before I would trust anything aftermarket.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    When it comes to striker fired.... Glock is King

And I'm a Sig fan.

The p365 reeks of p320 which reeks of p250, which was abysmal.

If I were to CCW a Sig, it would be a p245 or a p239. If it had to be a striker, Glock.

New is not always better. Especially regarding firearms

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Recently picked up a P365. I really like it. Comfortable to shoot and to carry (when in Free America).

As long as it is made after about June 2018, they seemed to have fixed all the issues.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I have played with both the Sig P365 and the Glock 43x at Machine Gun Nest and I like them both. Take her and put a bunch of rounds through both and see which works better for her.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have played with both the Sig P365 and the Glock 43x at Machine Gun Nest and I like them both. Take her and put a bunch of rounds through both and see which works better for her.

Wife is an adapter. Everything fromher running 380 bodyguard, to her 43 to my carry G33 and 9 shield. Shoots them all equally well. I am thinking ( for her...danger) the 43x is a good bet, just a nose ahead of the sig. add the ameriglo. Unless the wait for a blue labelis measured inmonths.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Valid point IMO. I honestly want to like the P365 myself but just don't see myself replacing the G33 with one.

I loved my 33 but was willing to give up round count and power for my 43s ability to conceal. When i go to dangerous places I’m generally getting paid to be armed, the rest of the time i really want to just be able to get my kids away from whatever I’m shooting at.

There is no end all CCW gun, is person dependent and damn if the makers haven’t figured out how to drop something a little more shiny each time lol!

I’m done buying CCW stuff unless they develope a gun that guarantees my families safety in all situations. Or if they make a gun that shoots out 20s when your low on cash, that would be cool too.

Also this isn’t really directed at you, i know you know all this, your comment just stirred my thought process. Unless you can make a gun that shoots 20s when I’m low on cash, then it’s directed at you lol

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I have a P365 with the 12 round mags and a G43 with a two cartridge extention on the mag. The other day we did a recoil test among our instructors and all of them felt the P365 had much more felt recoil. The 43x would be a better set up than the 43 with the extended mag in that the mag could be released easier for emergency reloads due to the longer grip. No need to ease up on the little finger to drop

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Wife is an adapter. Everything fromher running 380 bodyguard, to her 43 to my carry G33 and 9 shield. Shoots them all equally well. I am thinking ( for her...danger) the 43x is a good bet, just a nose ahead of the sig. add the ameriglo. Unless the wait for a blue labelis measured inmonths.

Realistically it might be months due to getting on the MD roster and then finding a dealer that is stocking blue labels vs getting allocated consumer versions to sell for more while the iron is hot.

I know the person that developed these, might want to look into them. I won’t carry without, allows me to get a much better hold on the 43. https://www.geeplate.com

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Love my 365, and 0 problems over the 8 months or so I have carried it, and 1K+ rounds through it, but there is a lot to be said for comfort with an existing platform, I would stick to the 43, maybe add a reliable +2 extension, not worth re-learning a new pistol just to gain 2-4 more rounds. If she insists, then the P365 is basically the same size/mode as the 43, and can add a longer grip with a 12rd mag if you want a full-size grip, the 43X can't shrink. As far as recoil, I've shot the 43, p365, and can't really tell a difference, but the slightly wider grip is more comfortable on the P365 for me. I would DEFINITELY spend a fraction of the cost and training time it would take for a new platform instead on switching to on-body carry. Even a fanny pack is at least secured, purse carry is probably the most problematic, with the least security, and best chance of having the firearm stolen.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If she's dead set on purse carry and won't IWB, then I'd consider a hammerless revolver instead. Skip to 10:16 for an example of why...

Being able to discretely have the gun in your hand in a sketchy situation, without anyone knowing, speeds up the response time and can buy you a bit of an edge. A revolver gives you the capability of shooting the gun while it is still concealed without inducing a malfunction. It's great for purse and/or pocket carry for that reason. Some speed loaders can make up the difference in reload times a bit and you're not giving up much capacity to the small single-stacks.

I do think it's still a better overall approach to ditch purse carry entirely and go for IWB, since the purse is a pretty likely target for a criminal to grab first in an ambush. For IWB, the semi gets the nod since you'll be drawing it from concealment before firing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom