• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgatz

Sep 11, 2013
    AR's? Think about that one for a minute... then tell me how one welds the steel or stainless barrel to the aluminum lower receiver that it doesn't touch.

I'm just busting your chops. I know what you meant... you just happened to pick the absolute worst example possible. :P

Yea... :rolleyes: soon after hitting "submit reply" I thought: "Bet he meant the lower receiver not the upper." And I guess it would be difficult to weld steel to 7075.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    S&W carry a lifetime warranty. I would atleast try. But thats me. I will buy my service weapon back when I'm allowed. It has great sentimental value to me. I assumed you felt the same way.

I understand the sentiment. No problem there, for some the cost is worth it. Smith wouldn't warranty a grenaded gun, more than likely not after repair as well. Probably would say it needs at least a frame. Even then most likely not warrantied except the parts and work they put into the job.

If the carrier of that revolver were an experimental handloader and he did that, then therecwould value in it as a relic of his activity. Many ways to go.

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    all that welding, beating, cutting, and cussing. wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just transfer it as working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom