• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markc

Apr 9, 2011
    Assuming that you are a MD resident who can't replace that, the HT4 crystal ball sees a 9mm bolt catch, a file and some Alumablack in your near future.

:lol2:

I'm hoping the bolt catch is out of spec. But we'll shall see.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    depending on the punch you could always try and bend an off set in the punch, that pin is one of the easiest to get in and out so the offset may not cause a problem.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Reviving an old one here. As above, my lower doesn't have a hole in the rear for the pin to be punched out. Needle nose won't do it either. Any more ideas? I am trying to install the bolt catch.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I've got a SWAT lower in my basement I'm off to assemble and check the bolt catch( fingers crossed)

Edit - just put it together and it appears GTG
    IMG_20140524_222546316.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    For other members and maybe chad or someone could chime in, how hard would is it to tap the holes together and just use an allen screw instead of pin?

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    For other members and maybe chad or someone could chime in, how hard would is it to tap the holes together and just use an allen screw instead of pin?

Thing is, this has threads only part way down (the length of the first hole) the rest is a smooth pin for the movement of the bolt catch. Then since the other end is closed, the pin has a stop. If you threaded through both ends, the middle would likely need to be smooth. I know I am probably not telling you anything you don't know, but if you haven't seen one before...

As far as how hard it is to do, I can't help you there.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Thing is, this has threads only part way down (the length of the first hole) the rest is a smooth pin for the movement of the bolt catch. Then since the other end is closed, the pin has a stop. If you threaded through both ends, the middle would likely need to be smooth. I know I am probably not telling you anything you don't know, but if you haven't seen one before...

As far as how hard it is to do, I can't help you there.

Or the BHO lever hole could be opened a hair. Just spit ballin. Maybe even check with a lower manufacturer that uses an allen screw in place of the pin like Seekins.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I have not tried to do that so it would be speculation on my part. Im guessing it could be done but locking the screw in may be a challenge.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA

AR-308 lowers are done that way. I don't really see the point though. With an $8.00 tool, installing and removing the roll pin is very easy.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom