• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    On another site I frequent several folks have received turnaround times of between 14d -28d.

One was for a sbs another for a self made suppressor.

Compared to the 9?month turnaround for a straight purchase of an sbx or suppressor, this seems like a great alternative.

I have a pistol ar kit for the wife here now, I need to assemble. If it works out, if she likes it, a trust for the family could be in order. A real stock and a suppressor would be interesting. A first venture into NFA land

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    312 days from check cashed? Trust or individual?
    Doesn't really matter at this point. ~300 days is the new normal, so you're talking about 10 months from pending. There are some hopes that eForm4s will bring this back down like eForm1s did.

My next can (Maxim 9) went pending on November 5, so I've got another 3.5-4 months until I see it. My K-T SU16D9 is looking like the end of the year at this point, maybe even early 2020. Yeesh. :( Form 1s are very appealing these days, but not every platform is amenable to that, and sometimes you want that factory warranty (albeit more and more companies are getting cool with doing reasonable service on Form1s).

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    So the efile form 1 really has a wait time of less than 30 days now?

Yes. My last one was 18 days. Couple of my friends have been even faster. 8 days, 12, 17... the longer it takes you to send in your prints the longer the delay. Have a set of prints ready to go so when you pay and get your control number you can print out the receipt and mail it all in ASAP.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yes. My last one was 18 days. Couple of my friends have been even faster. 8 days, 12, 17... the longer it takes you to send in your prints the longer the delay. Have a set of prints ready to go so when you pay and get your control number you can print out the receipt and mail it all in ASAP.

Its been a while since i did an e file form 1, but i’m getting ready for another one this week.

IIRC i need ink prints to mail to the ATF, is that right?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Its been a while since i did an e file form 1, but i’m getting ready for another one this week.

IIRC i need ink prints to mail to the ATF, is that right?

Doesn't have to be ink per se, a lot of places do the digital scanning of fingerprints and print them onto a FD-259. 1A Fingerprinting in Halethorpe is good people.

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    403 days

403 days today and I finally got the call today.
    Trust form 4 with 2 trustees.
    Check cashed 12 April 2018
    Approved 1 May 2019
    In hand 17 May 2019

6XC4ME

May 27, 2019
    Cecil County, MD
    Paper Form 1 Trust SBR Submission

ATF stated received date - 7/2/18

Been 322 days I believe, and still waiting. I have my FFL, my MD Regulated Dealer's License, 3 CCW Permits, Certified Handgun Instructor with MSP, a NICS UPIN, and a partridge in a pear tree, and still waiting on a "NICS Check" that I can do myself in about one minute! I've had my prints and background done more times than probably 95% of Congress...and here I sit..."pending"! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom