• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • talon101

Apr 9, 2018
    Evening!

I was wondering if I could pick some of your brains for a question that I had. I've looked through the forums and it doesn't seem to have the answer that I'm looking for. I know it's not legal advice and I should seek a lawyer if I want a definitive answer. (now that's out of the way :))

I was looking at the Desert Tech HTI. I'm intrigued from the reviews and for the fact that you could switch out the barrels for 4 different calibers to make it a versatile platform. Question is, is it legal in MD, specifically the 50 cal.

I looked at the banned list and doesn't have the HTI listed under Desert Tech. (yay). I know that the Barrett M107A1 and the light 50 cal are banned, but those are semi-automatics. The HTI is a bolt action rifle.

I'm somewhat familiar with the list and know the copy-cat rules, but since it isn't a copy-cat and is a bolt-action, would this firearm be legal?

Thank you for all your advice, and as always, love this forum :D

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    You should be golden if not listed by name. The MDR is good to go in MD I'm told.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    HTI Desert Tech IIRC is a bolt gun. It's fine, there are no restrictions. I have seen one or three in the wild.

MDR is semi-auto. it is good IF and ONLY IF they pin a ~3" muzzle dildo to the end to make it 29 inches. No suppressor for you. Contact Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, they will hook you up.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    HTI Desert Tech IIRC is a bolt gun. It's fine, there are no restrictions. I have seen one or three in the wild.

MDR is semi-auto. it is good IF and ONLY IF they pin a ~3" muzzle dildo to the end to make it 29 inches. No suppressor for you. Contact Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, they will hook you up.
    May want to hold off on that MDR until they fix it anyway...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    May want to hold off on that MDR until they fix it anyway...

IDK, the one Ive fondled in the wild shoots fine. No failures. Pretty accurate for a carbine 308 in fact. But, we were not dunking it in mud. If i want a gun i can dunk in the mud, feed a ham sandwich, and still shoot, ill get a 7.62 Galil Ace. Like an AK, only better.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I shot MDR in Ga . That gun had over 1000 rds thru it in 1 day. No hiccups or issues. They had gas adjustment issues about a year and a half - 2 years ago. The sent out a modified gas selector that has since fixed that issue.

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    HTI kicks like a mule from what I've heard from multiple sources

the covert and srs are nice. Can change from 223 through 338 and they are super accurate. Compact too. Hit a groundhog at 680 on the second shot with a 223

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom