• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I think it depends on whether the barrel tapers thinner under the hand guards like a genuine A2 barrel does. If it's a heavy profile the entire length it should be good to go. Otherwise, I doubt it. Hopefully someone else will have more dependable information.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I think it depends on whether the barrel tapers thinner under the hand guards like a genuine A2 barrel does. If it's a heavy profile the entire length it should be good to go. Otherwise, I doubt it. Hopefully someone else will have more dependable information.

No, that does not matter at all, believe it or not.

The law doesn't define what an HBAR is, it just says that they're exempt. MDSP has decided that a barrel is an HBAR if it is marked as being "heavy" or "HBAR" or marketed by the manufacturer as such.

It's a really silly, nebulous area of the law.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Not an HBAR, and not banned. And I sooooo want it.

We are expecting a shipment of the Gilboa Snake AR15 Rifles to arrive in late April or May. This is a interesting rifle combo for those looking for something Different in their collection .

stacks-image-7909670-1198x662.png

:whoa:

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    No, that does not matter at all, believe it or not.

The law doesn't define what an HBAR is, it just says that they're exempt. MDSP has decided that a barrel is an HBAR if it is marked as being "heavy" or "HBAR" or marketed by the manufacturer as such.

It's a really silly, nebulous area of the law.

Called MSP licensing div about this 2 yrs ago and asked and they said as long as the barrel is .75" for the whole length its GTG

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Called MSP licensing div about this 2 yrs ago and asked and they said as long as the barrel is .75" for the whole length its GTG

But that's not codified in the law. That's the problem, They know it when they see it. If those idiots in Annapolis would only make laws that actually matter and are necessary they wouldn't be ambiguous and open to interpretation.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

If we could actually get that in writing it would clear up a lot of confusion. The good news is that most barrel makers put "heavy" in the description when the barrel profile is .75" from the gas block all the way to the threads.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Tapering of the barrel has nothing to do with it, see the MSP advisory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013

Yup.

Measurement at the gas block’s right, but ain’t no way to be sure without bein’ able to yank the hanguards to see if’n it’s necked down. I wouldn’t buy it ‘cept atta gun show.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why is the OP axing us instead of axing PSA? They do have an "Ask a Question" section on that page...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom