Curved or Flat Trigger, Which to Choose . . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PF Flyer

Sep 8, 2010
    So, after saving up my pandemic pennies, I'm thinking about picking up a Sig 9 mil, I'm still researching the options, so I don't know which model yet, but I'm thinking it will be full size -- I've got big hands and fingers and no reason to go CCW -- probably not a striker fire, and I'm not talking about competitive shooting.

So far, I've always gone with the curved trigger -- from my revolvers through my semi autos. I've never touched a flat trigger. Any thoughts on what I should be thinking about on this one?

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Sig 226 (hammer) or 320 (striker). Sig makes about a hundred variants of each.

I'm not sure which I like better regarding flat or curved triggers. A lot of personal preference. With curved I felt like I had more consistent placement of my finger.

PF Flyer

Sep 8, 2010
    Funny you should mention that, Tungsten. The problem I'm finding with Sig is that they make too many variants, too many choices and decisions to make! And my eyes always seem to go back to something like the 226. I'm old school, I like a hammer and the feel of steel in my hands, "steel is real," in my head. And I hear you what you say about curved and consistent finger placement. I never really thought about a flat trigger until I started thinking about a Sig, and that got me to wondering about the pros & cons of a straight trigger.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I have Sigs with flat & curved. I like them all. It seems the curved is slightly more comfortable if I'm putting a lot of rounds down range.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I added an Armory Craft flat trigger to my P229. I love it. Added the short reset too. I'd get a P320 Xcarry if I was in the market for another striker pistol. Comes with a flat trigger shoe.

Attachments

• 20210207_142650.jpg
      20210207_142650.jpg
      25.2 KB · Views: 145

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I would recommend shooting what your thinking about . Have you tried a flat trigger? Hey. Not a big fan of the curve . I like the flat , for me I feel I have a better squeeze in that I have more contact on trigger. I have both on various handguns . Like PFlyer was saying I like my 226 , if I had to grab one that’s it only other consideration would be my 1911

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom