• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Anyone ever have a QD point rust up. I have.
    No, but I’ve had a couple let loose on me while carrying, just popped out while walking and only my “cat-like reflexes” kept the rifle from slamming to the ground or worse. Also saw it happen to an experienced IDF Counter Terror operator during a class he was teaching (which made me feel better that I wasn’t a complete idiot that it only happened to me). I still like them, I’m just much more careful with them now, and I’ll even go as far as I don’t trust them so much anymore.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    No, but I’ve had a couple let loose on me while carrying, just popped out while walking and only my “cat-like reflexes” kept the rifle from slamming to the ground or worse. Also saw it happen to an experienced IDF Counter Terror operator during a class he was teaching (which made me feel better that I wasn’t a complete idiot that it only happened to me). I still like them, I’m just much more careful with them now, and I’ll even go as far as I don’t trust them so much anymore.
    I’ve only ever seen that happen when the QD was not fully pushed into the mount. They can kind of go into a false set that will hold for awhile and then fall out (usually not very long though), but typically a firm push in followed by a tug back to set the bearings will ensure that doesn’t happen. If it happened more than once I would inspect both socket and attachment for damage and would probably replace one or both unless a clear issue was found with one or the other.

The people on this thread seem to have had more issues with QDs than I have seen in the past 4 years of continuous work overseas. Maybe it’s time to go back to the H&K style hooks with the cloth covers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The people on this thread seem to have had more issues with QDs than I have seen in the past 4 years of continuous work overseas. Maybe it’s time to go back to the H&K style hooks with the cloth covers.

That's where I am now, but am going to try the Magpul Paraclip with the paracord.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Can someone post up some pics of their Paracord attachments??
    I'm no boy scout ya know

I use something similar to this but I can't remember where I ordered them. I can loop it through the stock and still maintain the QD functionality for various guns.

I can also loop it through a handguard if needed. Just make sure you get good paracord. It is more durable.

Attachments

• 20220101_155554.jpg
      20220101_155554.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 102

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've been covering the snaps with gaffer's tape to keep them quiet. Not a good pic but...

Attachments

• para.jpg
      para.jpg
      101.5 KB · Views: 106

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wonder how many rounds until that Paracord melts.

Attachments are on the butt stock and the front rail. Not front sight base or barrel. I'm not shooting full auto, so not building extreme heat. I also prefer Spectra cord(pictured) over paracord. I use the term 'paracord' generically. Spectra being much hardier than Para. It's made to withstand much higher rates of heat and friction.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Wonder how many rounds until that Paracord melts.
    I had mine run through my FSB (3 loops) on my first couple deployments to the Stan back in the day. I was surprised that it didn’t melt, but it never did.

That said, it’s QDs for me. Not planning on going back.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    now now

Attachments are on the butt stock and the front rail. Not front sight base or barrel. I'm not shooting full auto, so not building extreme heat. I also prefer Spectra cord(pictured) over paracord. I use the term 'paracord' generically. Spectra being much hardier than Para. It's made to withstand much higher rates of heat and friction.

be easy on Blaster. I do not think he has ever put a paracord on his pistols so he would not know :)

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I don't like QD sling attachments. They rattle more than two skeletons screwing on a tin roof using a soup can for a rubber.

I'm moving more and more to para-cord attachments(cuz I hates noise).

:lol::lol::lol:I need to hang out where you hang out you seem to see and hear some interesting stuff. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom