• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Yeah, very weird that they have the same flawed database entry as Battlehawk. That would make me nervous till proven otherwise legit.
    They are both most likely drop shipping, or at least their websites are both configured for it and pulling from the same flawed product description.

But you can call them to inquire about their obscenely expensive magazines if you are concerned.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    They are both most likely drop shipping, or at least their websites are both configured for it and pulling from the same flawed product description.

But you can call them to inquire about their obscenely expensive magazines if you are concerned.

This. If you Google the UPC, you’ll see multiple sellers with the same description being a 30rd mag, but then others with correct listings. I’d say send it.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Ordered a benelli Mag spring, hammer and mag follower from Numrich, and a real benelli field stock from MGW.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I noticed my receiver has a slight cutout edge here. Normal or is this damage? Gun is unfired.

Comparing to my M1 super 90, I do think there is receiver damage here. There is a small sliver of receiver missing with a jagged edge. These guns are pretty much junk which is what you’d expect for the price. I don’t care enough to send it back to SDS. It did wet my appetite for a Benelli M4 and now I know a little more about the platform.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looking at this in better light than my dark basement, maybe it’s supposed to look like this? The edge looks jagged which makes me think it’s damaged but maybe that’s just poor machining but otherwise OK?

Attachments

• A10E6D10-BDB3-46FF-893A-1048A01CA250.jpg
      A10E6D10-BDB3-46FF-893A-1048A01CA250.jpg
      30.4 KB · Views: 119

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Mine has a bright spot like that, but in a different location. I didn't know if it was just a coating issue. I will try to get a picture. Doesn't seem to impact function with dummy rounds...but can't say I have shot it without the butt pad yet.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It’s not the bright spot I’m questioning, but if what is concerning me is not registering with anyone else then I guess the receiver is supposed to have a cut out like this. The jaggedness of it makes it look like something broke off to me, but perhaps it’s normal.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    It’s not the bright spot I’m questioning, but if what is concerning me is not registering with anyone else then I guess the receiver is supposed to have a cut out like this. The jaggedness of it makes it look like something broke off to me, but perhaps it’s normal.
    I’ll try to take a look at my receiver today to see if I have something there that you don’t have. I can understand your frustration though. Best case scenario that is probably supposed to look like a straight line, not a series of ridgelines across a mountain range.

Edit: you’re specifically concerned about that jagged triangle of metal protruding down, right?

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007

Up front of the receiver, remember that your barrel extension will take up most of the room inside the receiver so that area doesnt need to be 100% polished and smoothed, just have clearance foe the extension to slide inside.

Ill photograph mine tonight.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Edit: you’re specifically concerned about that jagged triangle of metal protruding down, right?

I don’t see a jagged triangle but clearly you guys are not concerned with what I thought was a problem so it must be in my head. If you or someone could post a pic of yours, I can see if anything looks different.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Up front of the receiver, remember that your barrel extension will take up most of the room inside the receiver so that area doesnt need to be 100% polished and smoothed, just have clearance foe the extension to slide inside.

You know what, this is probably the reason for the cutout area that was concerning me. It looks jagged enough to me that I thought something broke off, but it’s probably OK.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    From the Benelli forum.
    This is how I removed and replaced the extractor from the s4

Attachments

• 84E97B87-BB8D-476D-A3FA-09BF97C43EA1.jpg
      84E97B87-BB8D-476D-A3FA-09BF97C43EA1.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 167

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The urbino stock also loosened up. I did not use locktight on the retention bolt.

To remedy that. I have added a lock washer to the stock retention bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom