Votes: 34 16.7%

• Total voters

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    The Kimber Micro9 and Glock 43x side by side--

The Micro9 is snappy but manageable. The 43x is comparitively smoother and easier to manipulate --

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
      IMG_0503.jpg
      105.6 KB · Views: 179
    • IMG_0505.jpg
      IMG_0505.jpg
      116.5 KB · Views: 173
    • IMG_0506.jpg
      IMG_0506.jpg
      120 KB · Views: 170

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    The Kimber Micro9 and Glock 43x side by side--

The Micro9 is snappy but manageable. The 43x is comparitively smoother and easier to manipulate --

Visually the Kimber looks nice, but that beaver tail looks like it would snag, especially in a pocket carry.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    At the Gettysburg Gun Show today I got to handle all 3 pistols, and the Glock 43x was the most comfortable. The Hellcat's trigger was unique. (Saying it nicely) The vendor described it accurately. Like a switch being activated.

43x is in my future.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    At the Gettysburg Gun Show today I got to handle all 3 pistols, and the Glock 43x was the most comfortable. The Hellcat's trigger was unique. (Saying it nicely) The vendor described it accurately. Like a switch being activated.

43x is in my future.
    A fine choice. :thumbsup:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now that I'm HQL'd I've started looking at modern pistols. Considering Sig 365, but I saw a CZ Rami online for just a liitle too much money, and it's a hammer gun with de-cocker, and it's CZ too! So that one is somewhere in the pipeline.

As someone here believes, if it's Czech and military, it's cool! I have to agree.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Now that I'm HQL'd I've started looking at modern pistols. Considering Sig 365, but I saw a CZ Rami online for just a liitle too much money, and it's a hammer gun with de-cocker, and it's CZ too! So that one is somewhere in the pipeline.

As someone here believes, if it's Czech and military, it's cool! I have to agree.

If you find one available, grab it, they aren't making any more of them.

The RAMI was discontinued, probably because of the trend toward little, plastic, striker fired guns.

Not bashing them, but I don't think its necessary for every single maker to jump on the same bandwagon.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

43x is in my future.
    I just bought a 43X frame to hang my G48 slide onto. 43Xs handle very well. Since I've already gone ahead and cut and mounted a red dot on it, the choice was an easy one.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    I was curious what the differences were. Found this:

The only true difference between the G43X and G48 is the length of the slide.

Is that not true?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was curious what the differences were. Found this:

The only true difference between the G43X and G48 is the length of the slide.

Is that not true?
    Yep. Right now, my 48 resides on a G43 frame. Not nearly as shootable as a 43X frame.
    g48.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If you find one available, grab it, they aren't making any more of them.

The RAMI was discontinued, probably because of the trend toward little, plastic, striker fired guns.

Not bashing them, but I don't think its necessary for every single maker to jump on the same bandwagon.
    Yeah, it's on the way.

I have a thing for all-metal guns. Pretty sure they're not as pleasant to carry around, but for some reason, Glocks leave me cold. I might develop a different attitude if I lived somewhere where carrying legally would be an option.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Yeah, it's on the way.

I have a thing for all-metal guns. Pretty sure they're not as pleasant to carry around, but for some reason, Glocks leave me cold. I might develop a different attitude if I lived somewhere where carrying legally would be an option.
    Nearly everything I buy I assume I may one day carry. Especially recently when we watched society collapse with the goverment`s permission. Every gun has a holster or a strap.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yeah, it's on the way.

You’ll never chase rust on a polymer frame.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yeah, it's on the way.

By the time you load them, there probably isn't a whole lot of difference you can feel on your hip/belt/whatever.

I don't think it is that big of a deal, especially if you're not chasing a suspect, fleeing a T rex, or break-dancing like the FBI(?) agent that lost his on the dance floor.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The frame is alloy and I believe the slide is stainless steel, so... :shrug:

I like the balance better with a metal frame.
    I’ll never argue personal preference. There is much I like about steel frames. There is also much I like about some polymer frames. But the debate ends up being another “9 vs 45”.

The only winner of which… is the one who sticks to their guns and doesn’t change on someone else’s say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom