• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    Anyone here have one? Carry it?

Evaluating the meager options available for DA/SA carry; my CZ P-01 is a bit much in the width and weight categories.

Gracias,
    g8tr

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    It is on my short list. Earnie Langdon's site is a must to check out on them if you haven't.

If I were to find one locally I think it may well come home with me.

I know what you mean about there not being much in that market now!

g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    It is on my short list. Earnie Langdon's site is a must to check out on them if you haven't.

If I were to find one locally I think it may well come home with me.

I know what you mean about there not being much in that market now!

Langdon has them in stock; $950 with the trigger job. Available for about $200-300 less without the trigger job. Don't want to commit that kind of money without shooting one.

It's either the CZ P-01 or P-07, the PX4, or one of the HK subcompacts (P30sk, P2000sk); not much else unfortunately...

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Evaluating the meager options available for DA/SA carry; my CZ P-01 is a bit much in the width and weight categories.

Gracias,
    g8tr

Have you compared them side by side? Unless you just want a Beretta it doesn't seem to be worth it.

The Beretta appears to be slightly wider than the P01, and not significantly lighter (.9 oz). Length difference is tiny, and mostly due to the P01's beavertail.

PX4 Storm Compact
    Length: 6.8 in
    Height: 5 in
    Width: 1.42 in
    Weight: 27.2 oz
    Barrel: 3.27 in

CZ P-01
    Length: 7.2 in
    Height: 5.03 in
    Width: 1.38 in
    Weight: 28.1 oz
    Barrel: 3.75 in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-230308n.jpg
      Screenshot_20220111-230308n.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 135

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Langdon has them in stock; $950 with the trigger job. Available for about $200-300 less without the trigger job. Don't want to commit that kind of money without shooting one.

It's either the CZ P-01 or P-07, the PX4, or one of the HK subcompacts (P30sk, P2000sk); not much else unfortunately...

You could loose a bit of width in the muzzle and just a tiny bit of weight with a CZ PCR. Basically a P01 with no rail, different sights, different trigger (textured face vs smooth), and an LCI.

I just carried one for 3 weeks on a holiday in free America... easily concealed IWB under a loose T shirt. Even easier outside in the cold in a sweatshirt or jacket.

They are both CZ75 compacts so your mags are compatible.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think TFB did a youtube on the Compact Carry. He could not find anyplace on it which was as wide as what Beretta said. Overall a good vid on it if you haven't seen it yet.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    So I don't have the PX4 Compact Carry but I do own the PX4 Full Size with the Competition trigger group and other upgrades (LTT Trigger Job in a bag, competition trigger, competition cam block, metallic guide rod, etc). Since LT came out with the Compact Carry it's always intrigued me and bounces on and off my short list. Having a PX4, I've personally felt and shot the Compact and Sub-Compact models a couple years ago (not the LTT Compact Carry) - and at least for the full size, I like the mag interchangeability with the CX4, which I also own.

Speaking about my PX4 full size - I rate as a neutral. With its sleek lines and curves, it's definitely up there with the best feeling pistols I've ever held. The smoothness, balance and just feel, is what initially sold me however in my eyes, there's three places that hold it back. First the decocker/safety (based on model). It's way on top of the slide and although I've gotten use to, it still feels somewhat out of place. Second, is probably the trigger. Even with the upgrades, it's a fine trigger probably suitable for a carry gun. I recall laughing when reading the Beretta disclaimer that the Competition trigger group is for Competition use only. Lastly and this is probably the most debatable, is how I shoot it. That's what probably seals my opinion of the PX4. I really want to love this pistol but there's other choices that seemingly work better for me.

All this said, I have no plans of getting rid of my PX4 and might pickup it's little brother (LTT PX4 Compact Carry) someday.

If you pickup one, please share your impressions of.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I have the subcompact. It's pretty sweet, although I carry the G43X mostly. I train more with Glocks so makes more sense to carry one. The Beretta PX4 is a great gun though, and it doesn't get enough credit. Looks great too IMO!

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Now that carry permits are on the table I picked up the LTT compact carry. Yes, you can pay $900 on LTT website but they also constantly post these for sale on gunbroker for $760 start price. No one bid so I got it for $760. I called LTT to pay and explained I also wanted the optic cut which ran me another $284. By happenstance I found out beretta is offering a $75 rebate. You fill out info on their website and upload invoice and pic with gun serial# and them you wait. LTT shipped fedex overnight. I just picked ip today from ffl and installed the holosun 507c with green acss vulcan reticle. Feels great but I won't get to shoot it for another week as I am going on a work trip. Will update when I get back. Lastly, I plan on finding someone local to do a stiplinng job. Still waiting to receive holster. Since LTT installs cowitness sights, the front post is 10 mm which is what Vedder holsters claims to have for sight clearance. Will see. But anyone looking to carry an optic version will have less holster options possibly.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Now that carry permits are on the table I picked up the LTT compact carry. Yes, you can pay $900 on LTT website but they also constantly post these for sale on gunbroker for $760 start price. No one bid so I got it for $760. I called LTT to pay and explained I also wanted the optic cut which ran me another $284. By happenstance I found out beretta is offering a $75 rebate. You fill out info on their website and upload invoice and pic with gun serial# and them you wait. LTT shipped fedex overnight. I just picked ip today from ffl and installed the holosun 507c with green acss vulcan reticle. Feels great but I won't get to shoot it for another week as I am going on a work trip. Will update when I get back. Lastly, I plan on finding someone local to do a stiplinng job. Still waiting to receive holster. Since LTT installs cowitness sights, the front post is 10 mm which is what Vedder holsters claims to have for sight clearance. Will see. But anyone looking to carry an optic version will have less holster options possibly.

Awesome. Please keep us posted. I have a 92 from Langdon Tactical and it is a sweet pistol. Been eyeing the CC from them.

Have you seen the Boresight solutions stipple job? It is recommended by Langdon. I saw a post on pistol forum I think where a person that does stippling said he could not offer it on the PX4 because the front strap is so thin. So do your due diligence on whoever does the work.

sickpuppyz

Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Awesome. Please keep us posted. I have a 92 from Langdon Tactical and it is a sweet pistol. Been eyeing the CC from them.

Have you seen the Boresight solutions stipple job? It is recommended by Langdon. I saw a post on pistol forum I think where a person that does stippling said he could not offer it on the PX4 because the front strap is so thin. So do your due diligence on whoever does the work.
    Thank you - Good info regarding complexity of stippling. I did see the boresight solution but seems like they have long lead times. Plus I have never gone through the process of shipping a gun to someone. I assume I have to do it through a dealer?

At this point I am ok with the talon grips short term but eventually will get it stippled. I spent all the money, may as well go all the way. Can't spend too much money when it comes to life being in balance. Though with all these costs adding up maybe I should have shelled out for a staccato c2?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Thank you - Good info regarding complexity of stippling. I did see the boresight solution but seems like they have long lead times. Plus I have never gone through the process of shipping a gun to someone. I assume I have to do it through a dealer?

At this point I am ok with the talon grips short term but eventually will get it stippled. I spent all the money, may as well go all the way. Can't spend too much money when it comes to life being in balance. Though with all these costs adding up maybe I should have shelled out for a staccato c2?

Yeah I get not wanting to let it go for a month or two since you just got it. I think shooting it as is might be the way to go. You may find it isn’t for you or it’s just fine as is.

As far as shipping, it been awhile since I sent anything in. But you can send on your own if it’s being sent for gun smithing, repair, etc and they can send back to you.

Each company has their own process. Some will send a label and you just drop off with like FedEx. I don’t think an individual can ship a handgun USPS. But they should be able to tell you how to send it in.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD

Gracias,
    g8tr
    I had the PX4 Compact 9mm and currently have the PX4 Subcompact 9mm. I don't currently conceal carry in MD but have in other states. The only real issue with the PX4 is the safety...the standard safety, at least on my guns were a little bit painful and dug into my skin. However, I ended up purchasing a modified safety which got rid of this particular issue - I believe this updated safety is on the PX4 Carry models.

The only major difference between the PX4 Compact and Subcompact (other than size and capacity) is the compact has the Beretta "rotating barrel" and the subcompact does not. I personally like both models.

Last edited:

sickpuppyz

Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Update - I love shooting this thing. I got a couple holsters so far: a vedder and a wethepeople. Had to do the optic cut for the wethepeople but I mostly got that holster for the print (see pic). I am waiting on tier1 iwb abd owb holsters and jm custom kydex engma shell to pair with the phlster. So far, the 2 holsters I have easily accomodate the high backup sights. And I absolutely like the tech of the acss vulcan circle though I don't care too much about the chevron.

Anyway, the LTT px4 compact carry shoots like a full size gun from a recoil perspective. I don't like the talon rubber grips. I have the pro on order btu eventually I am def. getting a stippling job.

Attachments

• LGB community.jpg
      LGB community.jpg
      127.8 KB · Views: 51

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    MD
    Congrats. I have the LTT Compact Carry and love it. I am using a Tier 1 Xiphos and it works really well for concealed carry. None of these allow for a light but if you do want one, the TLR 7 Sub is the one that will fit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Gracias,
    g8tr
    The CZ PCR is a tiny bit lighter than the P-01, with a little less bulk around the muzzle (no light rail) and still offers DA/SA, but is the same thickness as the P-01.

No DA/SA, but striker-fired, the Sig P365X & P365XL have a very similar feel to the CZs, but is only 1" wide and 1-1/2" shorter than the P-01/PCR and about 1/2" less height.

Jul 20, 2022
    Hereford, MD
    I had the PX4 Compact 9mm and currently have the PX4 Subcompact 9mm. I don't currently conceal carry in MD but have in other states. The only real issue with the PX4 is the safety...the standard safety, at least on my guns were a little bit painful and dug into my skin. However, I ended up purchasing a modified safety which got rid of this particular issue - I believe this updated safety is on the PX4 Carry models.

The only major difference between the PX4 Compact and Subcompact (other than size and capacity) is the compact has the Beretta "rotating barrel" and the subcompact does not. I personally like both models.
    I just installed the conversion on my subcompact to make the safety a decocker "G" model only. The part from Beretta has a lower profile than the original safety/decocker, and the swap took about 15 minutes. (Part of that was searching for the mini ball bearing that shot out of the OEM decocker.)

Question: is the LTT trigger job in a bag worthwhile for a this as a daily carry pistol? It's hard to gauge whether improvements to reset, break, and trigger weight are worth the additional investment since I carry it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom