• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I don’t mind the pistol braces, but I just did not like the 7 1/2 inch barrel. Once I find some time I am going to sell A barrel, And rail. Going to keep it as a pistol but move to a 12 inch barrel

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don’t mind the pistol braces, but I just did not like the 7 1/2 inch barrel. Once I find some time I am going to sell A barrel, And rail. Going to keep it as a pistol but move to a 12 inch barrel

I don't mind 10.5" barrels. The only thing I'll go shorter on is a PCC.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am confident that braced pistols are here to stay (so long I as my vote counts) . If I ever become disabled, I will be thankful that the option is available. But between a brace and an actual stock as an option, I'll take the stock.

IMHO, the best use is really in something like a handgun chassis or something that’s small PDW sized. Not that I have super extensive experience with all the things, but using as a brace, yeah it helps. But when you are packing a 4-5lb (let alone a lot heavier, especially loaded) AR pistol, it’s still super hard to stabilize. Something like a 1911 or Glock with brace tipping the scales at maybe 3lbs and it works really well.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I only hate that it is a federal felony to possess an SBR unless it is registered with the ATF…

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I only hate that it is a federal felony to possess an SBR unless it is registered with the ATF…

It’s because they are so easily concealable and the shorter barrels increase the range and accuracy…I’m sure you can see that…

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    It’s because they are so easily concealable and the shorter barrels increase the range and accuracy…I’m sure you can see that…

I know, it’s crazy how concealable, accurate, deadly and effective these firearms become with slightly shorter barrels. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom