• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    who or what gunsmith local to Baltimore area can short chamber (wylde) a Kreiger barrel for me? I have the barrel but it is a blank.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    who or what gunsmith local to Baltimore area can short chamber (wylde) a Kreiger barrel for me? I have the barrel but it is a blank.

First, why would you want it short chambered? Why not finish it?

Do you have Harrison's contact info? He did a barrel for my some years back.

In case you have not heard, Sid Goodling passed away. One of the absolute best gunsmiths in the country! He will be missed!

10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    STeve,

I forgot for a moment that AR's can be fully finished.... so used to buying garand and m1a barrels short chambered and letting Charley finish them up. I will check with Harrison and see if he can help...

Thank you.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Stopped doing business with them. Short version, he is full of it.

Really? They did .300Blk SBR barrel for me more than a few years ago from a Shilen blank I had and I was more than happy with them.

If you don't mind me asking, what soured you on them? If you don't want to put it out here, feel free to PM me.

I've recently recommended them to a couple friends and don't want them to get hosed.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Caught them in several lies, caught them trying to take what I consider to be extreme and unfair advantage of a friend who was a new shooter at the time, some other stuff that I will not go into but, quite a few things that all added up to not doing business there. I will actively avoid them at any shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom